1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD or DVD Decrypter and Forgotten

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by augerpro, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Gulfwindx

Gulfwindx Guest

Robbieo,I had no problem backing up the Forgotten Used latest DVD DcrypterC 3.5.2.0 all files to hard drive then DVD-X/COPY-RF 4.0.4.15 with browse feature clicked on all title sets and the compression box then burned it plays perfect

2. robbieo

robbieo Member

Yea - you are half of the group that can back up "The Forgotten" with little or no problems. Thanks for the suggestion, however I've tried that as well as every other thing recomended and with out luck so far.

Thanks - Rob

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

robbieo did you read my post it works fine that way

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

[bold]robbieo[/bold]

Here are two suggestions:

1. Make sure your "Secondary IDE Channel has your Burner set in DMA mode, (located in your device manager settings under IDE controllers.) This is of course if you have your burner on Secondary IDE. If on Primary then Primary IDE channel for your burner.

2. That there are no programs running in the background.

To make sure that a program running in the background isn't the problem try this:

Start
    Run
    Type in: msconfig
    Click: OK
    Click: Startup Tab
    Click: Disable All
    Click: OK
    Click: restart

Now you have cleared any program that might be a cause.

When your PC starts back up, make sure you leave the settings this way when asked again and then try another burn.

If you get the same results you now know that it wasn’t a program running in the background causing the problem.

You can reverse the disable by doing the same thing above, but this time click enable all and then OK.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  5. Brax

Brax Member

Hi Gang;

Thanks again for all of the info.

I had mentioned in an earlier post somewhere else on the forum that I had had succes using the latest DVDrypter and DVD shrink to back up some of my Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes DVDs. That was untill...

A burn of the next set of the series was attempted but failed. I did everything the same as when I had had sucess but this time I got this message while DVDcrypter was trying to work:

Encryption Detected!

File: VTS_01_0.VOB

LBA: 370

The disc is not supposed to be protected by CSS/CPPM so this is somewhat strange!
    Would you like to try and decrypt the encrypted data?

I THEN PUSH "YES TO ALL"

Next screen appears stating:

Device Authentication Failed!

Device: [1:00] HL-DT-St DVD-ROM GDR 816 B 0015 (D:) (ATA)

Reason: Failed to get Varient

Key 1: 00 00 00 00 00

I THEN PUSH "OK"

Next screen:

Cracking CSS screen appears

Next screen:

Brute force cracking failed!

File Name: VTS_01_0.VOB

Reason: There were no vulnerable blocks

I THEN PUSH "OK"

Next screen:

Device Authentication Failed!

Reason: Failed to get Varient

Key 1: 00 00 00 00 00

I THEN PUSH "OK"

Next screen:

Cracking CSS screen appears

Next screen:

Brute force cracking failed!

File Name: VTS_01_0.VOB

Reason: There were no vulnerable blocks

I THEN PUSH "OK"

Next scree:

No decryption key has been foun for 'VTS_01_0.VOB

Would you like to attempt to get (and use) a decryption key from abother file in the same VTS set?

I PUSH "YES"

The an endless loop of failure messages stating essentially the same as the last screen that I pushed "yes" to.

I have tried to be specific as far as screen messages go, as I have seen the "Pros" often request more info from we Newbies and Otherbies.

I recently ordered AnyDVD based on many intelligent messages on this great site, but can you offer any advice to the aforementioned problem with the Sherlock DVDs?

Thank you kindly for your seemingly endless wealth of knowledge! It is refreshing to see the kindness shown to us lowly, but sincere, Newbies.

Perhaps one day I will be an Oldbie, but until then I will happily remain 'New' to you,

Thanks in advance,

Brax

6. Lateott

Lateott Member

I'm a newbie to this site and have also been trying to get past this new CRC protection. I'm working on a backup of The Forgotten and have the newest version of DVD Decrypter as well as DVD Shrink. I am able to rip to HD with DVDD after it has inserted dummy sectors, but when I try to open those HD files with DVD shrink I get an error that says (and I'm paraphrasing here as I'm not at my home comp right now) "Unable to open VTS_03_1.VOB. Invalid File content".

Any thoughts?

7. bydasword

bydasword Guest

when using Shrink, make sure that you're going to File, then to open disk image. Go to your folder and open the image. hope it helps

8. Lateott

Lateott Member

So... to clarify - I have to create an ISO disk image using DVD Decrypter and then open the ISO image with DVD Shrink? It won't work if I just back up to regular files on the HD?

Thanks for your help.

9. bydasword

bydasword Guest

i have not even tried to save the files on my HD. i just went with what works.

10. kzar

kzar Member

Here is an alternate way to backup Forgotten: Ok, here it is straight! I was able to finally backup "The Forgotten" and "The Grudge" after many hours of experimenting with different software. These are the programs that worked for me and if you don't have them then you need to download these programs or experiment with programs that you already have. 1) DVDXcopy Platinum RF (because of browser function). 2) DVD43 Version 2?. 3) Patin-Couffin. 4) AnyDvD v.4.5.7.1. 5) DVD decrypter v. 3.5.2.0.

DVD43 and AnyDVD runs in the background of your computer so you don't have to start these programs after you boot up to your desktop. Note: DVD43 needs patin couffin to be installed for it to work. Also, Platinum RF kept giving me CSS errors with the AnyDVD software by itself so I had to combine it with DVD43. Use DVDdecrypter to rip the movie to your hard drive. After the movie is stored on your hard drive run DVDXcopy RF. Use the ADVANCE button and then BROWSE to the decrypted file. Then select all the tiltles, play with compression, and then burn the movie.

11. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

Being one of the happy half thats having no trouble copying any of the latest copys with decrypt/shrink or with anydvd/shrink I am wondering what it is thats causeing so much trouble. I have the same programs running on two computers and the work the same way at about the same time. Assuming these people having trouble copying these movies have dma, enough space, defraged hd etc. I wondering what makes the difference. just pondering.

12. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

The first backup of this movie i made wasn't acceptable because the begining of the movie had a huge blank spot in it. That was after i ripped it with DVD Decrypter. I didn't want to reauthor it since i like the menus,extras, etc. So i used AnyDVD and VOB Blanker to rip the DVD to my hard drive. Then i shrunk the menu with DVD Shrink and encoded the rest with DVD Rebuilder\CCE. The result was a perfectly normal backup without the blank space at the begining. So if you want the menus,etc. and you're having that problem with your backup i hope this helps.