1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anydvd problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dame, Nov 28, 2003.

1. dame

dame Member

Hi,
    I did check if this quesiton has been asked but could not find anything related to my question.

I am working with a sony vaio SF215 laptop and it has a toshiba dvd-R.

Every time I put in a film AnyDVD gives me the following message.

Failed to set display to 75 hz

This is most probably something small I have to set but am not sure where or how. If anyone could help me with this I would be grateful.

Dame :)

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I don't know what the problem could be, maybe you could explain in more detail the process you are using. That sure seems like a strange error message. Have you used AnyDVD at all? Maybe the installation didn't load properly or there is a conflict with another program. I'm just making wild guesses but with more information we might be able to help. :D
    Frank

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Sounds like it wants you to change the video display properties, but I don't remember seeing the hz being able to be changed. Check the video display in your control panel and see if that setting is there. I never played with that laptop.
    Jerry

4. koola

koola Guest

Simple solution to a simple problem: Reinstall AnyDVD onto your laptop.

The problem is the video display dll. This could not have been installed properly or it has become corrupt.

Failing this, try changing your desktop frequency, set it to 60Hz and then try again.

Good Luck :D