1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD running but stopped decoding!

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by johnbouy, Apr 12, 2005.

1. johnbouy

johnbouy Member

I purchased AnyDVD after trying the 30 day trial for only 2 weeks. It was the answer to my prayers. I use DVD Xcopy gold in the Express mode and this worked smoothly. After a few "updates" from the original AnyDVD I started getting the CSS encrypted notice again when I attempted to copy DVD's that I purchased from Blockbuster. Now realize that I've copied fairly new movies with this combination of programs and now I can't copy anything. I've contacted AnyDVD and they suggested copying the 'videoTS' file from the movie to my harddrive and then copying from there but Xcopy won't look to anything but a DVD drive. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've attempted to uninstall the program and reinstall the original but the same thing happens. HELP!

Johnbouy

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

when they said "copy video_ts folder directly to hard drive" they mean to go into Windows Explorer and drag-n-drop it to your hard drive. If that works, AnyDVD is working.

Did you maybe accidentally set it to not start at bootup? There might be a setting for that in the options, otherwise (provided you are using Windows XP) click start/run and type in MSCONFIG, now select startup tab and make sure AnyDVD or the one that resembles it closest is checked.

3. johnbouy

johnbouy Member

I was able to copy the 'video TS' file to my hard drive but Xcopy does not have the option to "look" at the hard drive for video files; it only looks at the DVD drive. Also, as I have mentioned, it was working normally just fine for a couple or three weeks before it quit. I downloaded the trial of Clone DVD today and it appears to work in conjunction with AnyDVD but I've already spent the money for DVD X-copy Gold and it was working with AnyDVD. Can you see my dilema? I hate to keep dropping money on programs when the programs I already have were working but stopped. Maybe something needs reconfiguring in X-copy but I haven't made any changes to the program since it is no longer supported. Thanks for your help. Let me know if there is anything else I can try.
    John.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

well anydvd is obviously running, dvd x copy should be able to burn just fine.

Make sure you have a look around at anydvd's options, you might be able to resolve your issues there.

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I own both of these programs and sometimes they work well together, but sometimes not, especially with newer movies, this due to lack of update on Xcopy. Since you do not want to purchase more software, and you already have AnyDVD you might want to try DVD Shrink (free), this will work well and guides are available with all info

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/petesguide2.html

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi guys, There may be a problem with Anydvd 5.0 but I didn't have time to check completely yet. I installed the latest version last night. It installed and opened properly but won't decrypt. I reinstalled the older version again and it works as before. It was late so I didn't have time to play with it to see whats up yet. It could be something on my system but the older version before 5.0 still works. Just thought I would past that on.

Jerry

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@Jerry, where did you get this update for AnyDVD, I have not received an email about it and slysoft page is still showing the 4.6.3.1?

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I got the update e-mail and its on AD's software list.

Jerry

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

yeah, thanks from me too. I didn't know about the update either. I will try a new movie sometime and let you know how it goes.

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Clonedvd also updated to version 2.800. That seems to be OK and is working like always.

Jerry

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thanx again Jerry, have sent email to slysoft asking why no notification, and also why there sight is not updated. Will download from AD, may wait on AnyDVD to see what problem is.

13. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Like I said, not sure why I had trouble with Anydvd 5.0. It could be something on my system but the only additions were the 2 VSO programs. I just wanted to try them out but don't need them. They don't seem to bother the older version. Clone kept telling me my dvd was encrypted with Anydvd running. Just for a check I installed DVD43 and Clonedvd worked with it. Then reinstalled my last version of Anydvd and it worked as always even with the 2 VSO programs installed, so I don't think it them causing the problem. I never have a problem with the Anydvd updates but the change log says they re-wrote a good part of it. Can't play with it till this weekend.

Jerry
    @arniebear, I get my email on updates from AD not from Slysoft. Thought you might want to know.

14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Well just read another post in a thread where person was running 5.0 with no problems, so I guess I will give it a try. Thanx for you input.

15. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I posted on another thread asking how it was working for others. Guess I'll try another download, maybe the files are corrupt.

Jerry

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Saw your other post, and I too want to know if this is working. If you do a google Ver 5.0 comes up as available from slysoft but if you go to their sight all you can get is 4.6.3.1. Yet you can dl from AD, it is the only one that has it available. Very strange.

17. arniebear

arniebear Active member

18. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Looks like some bugs in it from what I read in the links you listed. He gave a fix for the 64bit system but not the 32bit. I guessing from the statements it has to do with Nero. I'll play with some of those settings and see if it helps the 32bit system when I get time.

Jerry

19. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I'm with you I will also play around with it maybe on the weekend, til then I will just stick with old version.

20. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Right, I posted the bug report on the other thread too but forgot to list your links.

Jerry