1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD Software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by henryting, Oct 1, 2004.

1. henryting

henryting Regular member

Hi,
    Those of you out there please beware of the AnyDVD Software. This software may destroy your windows register file and the result is you will not be able to boot up your computer.
    I have experienced it myself. You will also cannot use the windows xp to restore back your previous setting config. Because it integrated inside your system file it wil corrupt your file.
    Please beware and dont be tricked by their comments...

This is the lesson that I learnt from downloading the software. Because of that you also are not allow to reinstall your windows xp.

In the end I have to bring my whole cpu to the expert to do the re installing for me

So dont be fooled by this software.......

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What are you talking about?? I use AnyDVD, started with version 3.6.2.4 ... and have updated whenever an update comes out. Currently running v4.0.4.1

Running XP Pro SP2, and my pc still works. And you would be the first person to say this.

Do you mean restore your Windows XP? I find it hard something would prevent me from doing a clean install and reinstalling my O/S. And what did the "expert" do that was sooo different?

Last, where did you download AnyDVD? Can you provide a link?

3. juca39

juca39 Guest

I have been using AnyDVD for more than 6 months without any problems, its a great program. Where did you download the program?

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I would think more on the lines of you picking up a virus during the download thats causing your problems. ANYDVD has been around for quite a long time. No one else is having your problems and there are many members that use it. I wouldn't be so fast to condemn a product without being sure it was the problem. I haven't found too many problems that couldn't be fixed with a reformat and clean install.

Jerry

5. oracle

oracle Member

does anybody knows how to install abydvd s/w?
    Currently using ifoedit, dvdshrink, nero for dvd backups.

6. damien80

damien80 Member

Hi everyone
    This is a question to henryting do u download covers from sites where u have to install stoch and a few other like that?

If so that is where it comes from as I had the same problem i though it was any dvd but it wasn't it was from clicking yes on them.

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

oracle,

You just download it and install it like any other program.

damien80,

I didn't understand anything you posted :)

8. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

I been using AnyDVD for about a year now with no problems on my puter. I have windows xp with sp2.
    Yea and I downloaded all the updates as well from their web site.

9. damien80

damien80 Member

I ment i get covers from cover sites and they ask you to install a thing called stoch and a few others and it is by clicking yes on these that makes the computer freeze. not any dvd that is what i was trying to explain

10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

My AnyDvd is probably the best piece of software I have on my PC. Never had any probs at all. Sounds like you got a virus!

12. oracle

oracle Member

May be I did not gave correctly my message. So, you just install the s/w and forget it? [it runs as a companion to e.g. dvd decrypter and/or smart rip], or you use the specific s/w to rip dvd discs into the hd drive surpissing the eg, sector problem???
    I hope this time I made my self more clear
    Thanks