1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anydvd trial period

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by ccyaltr, Nov 21, 2005.

1. TxPride

TxPride Member

One question, Why do you need both? Are there some dvd's that can't be copied with one but the other will?

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2005
  3. brobear

brobear Guest

The key goes in the AnyDVD program folder. Normally downloading the program and installing the new version over the old accomplishes the new activation. Occasionally the user needs to open the Slysoft\AnyDVD folder and use the Registration Tool. When it opens, browse to the AnyDVD folder, click on the AnyDVD Key and click open. That reactivates the key info into the registry.

4. theforwes

theforwes Guest

Is it a pretty simple process to load the key. Just ordered mine today. Just want to make sure I do it right.

5. GENOCYDE

GENOCYDE Member

Same issue. My trials are about to expire. Now I have no problem buying the software but when I tried to burn 40 Year Old Virgin, it didn't work. I'm nervous about wasting my $$$. Decrypter and Shrink did burn it tho. Here's my other issue. Here is my situation first of all. My son is a huge Spongebob fan. I already own all 3 seasons on DVD but he's only 4 so he doesn't have access to them. I am giving him an Xbox for Christmas so I want to burn the seasons to back-up DVD's so he doesn't damage the originals. I successfully burned seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 is giving me trouble. When I start DVD Decryptor, I first see a Region Code conflict. Don't remember the exact error. It automatically forces me to use Region 1 which is fine. About 30 minutes later it says successfully completed. I close Decryptor and open DVD Shrink 3.2 It analyzes fine and then I choose back up (I had to remove alt languages cause file was too large)It seems to encode fine after I press BACK-UP. It asks for the DVD media when ready to burn. It seems to burn fine. After the burn is done and tray ejects, I test it in my DVD player (Which plays burned DVD's) and it says DISC IS DIRTY. I have seen this before due to various protections, but have always overcome the errors through Decrytor software. I have made 3 coasters and have had no success yet. I already duped 40 Year Old Virgin earlier so I have a feeling this is related to that Region Code conflict at the beginning of the Decrytor ststus list. Anyone that can help would be very appreciated, especially if you have successfully burned this Season 3 yourselves. I am a N00B at Afterdawn so I apologize if there is an easy fix. I want to do these 3 dvd's as a Christmas present for him when he opens the XBOX. And yes I already have the XBOX DVD kit which plays burns. Also, will Clone DVD II and AnyDVD work to solve this. I know it didn't work on DVD Decrypter/Shrink. If so. My trial is almost up. Where can I find a full version free or how can i redownload once a trial expires.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

First of all we're not allowed to solicit or give info for free retail apps. Just so you know, SlySoft is entered in your registry. When the trial times out, you can't just load a second one, but then you know that already.

It sounds as though you're having problems other than encryption. You've given us a little info, but more would help. What brand of media are you using? Also, what is the speed, format, and the manufacturer code? Info on the burner and it's age would be of interest. Are there smokers around the PC and has the optical head been cleaned if the drive is very old? Hopefully you're inspecting the discs to make sure there are no prints or smudges on them and they in good physical condition, clean and shiny. If you don't have software for checking media manufacturer IDs, just google and get DVD Identifier. It's sole purpose is telling you who manufactured the media.

AnyDVD and CloneDVD both come from SlySoft and work well together. I'm surprised you were able to decrypt better with Decrypter on a movie over AnyDVD, especially since Decrypter has lost support and is gradually becoming obsolete. AnyDVD has always been kept upgraded better than other decryption software. So, the problem could have been more than just encryption. AnyDVD can be run at the same time Decrypter is running. I often do that because I use HDD files for a bunch of my recording apps. Decrypter sees the files as region free and deCSS free when AnyDVD is in use. I've heard of problems in the past where people have set AnyDVD to remove Adverts and trailers and that affected the playability and recording of some seasonal discs.

There's a free app named DVD43 which is similar to AnyDVD. I don't like the interface as well and the functionality isn't as good. At least I don't think so. Also, there is the problem that it isn't updated as frequently as AnyDVD. It's free. DVD Fab Decrypter is free as well. Shrink is still a good app, and it's free as you know.

7. GENOCYDE

GENOCYDE Member

@Brobear,

Very informative answer my friend. JaguarGod also responded to the post on another thread. They think it is media related. Now I was successfully able to rip Season 3 disc 1 so far. Using Sly and Clone but it didn't work on the others previously mentioned. I am sorry about the apps thing. like I said I'm new here and I just want to give my son these as a gift. I really don't want him having the originals. Can I delete trial versions and how. I plan to purchase after Xmas but I'd rather wait.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

All you need is the key from SlySoft to activate the trial. It's the same full function app. New versions are simply loaded over the old with this one as it's updated. If you've been using the trial, you may want to check the version. SlySoft is constantly updating AnyDVD due to the industry adding variations to the encryption on some movies. The current version is 5.6.3.1. If you need to delete it, simply use the ADD-Remove software feature in Control Panel.

BTW, if the mods catch it, they will mention there's a rule against multiple posting. I'm not the cops, I'm just mentioning what they do. You're only supposed to have 1 thread going on a particular problem. If you ever find you've accidentally started a thread in the wrong forum, you get a mod to move the thread.

As for media problems, unless it's caused by a faulty burner the solutions are pretty straight forward; use good media and make sure the drive firmware is up to date. I've flashed ROM drives as well as burners. Usually manufacturers have online support where firmware can be downloaded if it's needed. There are also independent sites, just be careful with any hacked firmware, it sometimes causes problems.

I'll stop the discussion on my part and you can finish working out the problem on the other thread. Don't want to see you get into trouble.

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

anyone know of any more promotion codes anytime soon? i'd like to purchase anydvd, and for a jobless teen, 30 dollars is a lot easier to pay out than 40 dollars.

10. GENOCYDE

GENOCYDE Member

Use "afterdawn" as the promotional code. You will get 15% off. Make sure you order Clone DVD 2 as well. Works out cheaper in the bundle.

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

unfortunately for me, that expired on the 1st of this month. :(

12. iluvcops

iluvcops Member

@ Auslander, I like the slipknot reference in your tag...

So the promo code wont work anymore!! That stinks. Anyone know of other codes? I googled "anydvd coupon" and got some others that expired.

Drop the good word.

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

gotta love Vermilion parts 1 & 2 ;-)

i googled as well, but got nothing. i had the chance to purchase AnyDVD before the expiration, and now i sure am kicking myself, lol.

14. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

He who procrastinates is lost.......

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

He who thinks himself righteous shall be humbled before the eyes of the Lord :p

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Auslander ,they usally run it every couple months so if you can hang on a little while iam sure it will be back

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

cool; if there's one great trait we procrastinators have, it's patience :D

18. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

It will probably be one day after you buy it....;-D

19. iluvcops

iluvcops Member

Not all who procrastinate are lost ;). If you (really)know your J.R.R, that should stike a bell.

10 bucks doesnt seem like a lot to worry about but who can pass up a deal!

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

not all who procrastinate wander ;-)

and right you are...remember, i'm an unemployed teen...add in that i'm trying to get to college, lol.