1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD v.5.1.2.1

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Whisperer, May 6, 2005.

1. Whisperer

Whisperer Regular member

Anyone know why Slysoft is being so coy about whether v.5.1.2.1 is beta or not? They still only list v.5.1.1.1 for downloading on their site but many are having some real hardware problems. And within the threads at cdFreaks, some "official" company posters are offering a link to 5.1.2.1. http://update.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD5121.exe

But Olli is 100% mute in the threads that offer the link.

Best regards
    Whisperer

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Until it shows up on the Official site, I would treat it as if it were a beta version, even though you can link the update here and on CD Freaks. I have use it and have had no problems but that doesn't mean no one will have problems. Afterall, some people always have problems no matter what.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

They did this the last time before they offered 5.1 to the public, their site listed 4.6 until they felt all were ready and they could read all the feedback at cdfreaks. I was told at cdfreaks you can try it out at your own risk.

4. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i'm using it right now as i type this...so far so good, i HAVE had some bad luck w/ anydvd when the 1st beta came out...with the new 64 bit compatibility conflicts, didn't work well w/ nero, but, this one is pretty stable in my opinion.

so far no problems and i've been using it for only a few days with say approx. 10 encrypted movies i just recently bought...i don't see much of a difference personally between this newest one and the official one that slysoft has on their website.

i give it a thumbs up from my end~ good day to you all :)

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thanks for the info Kivory, I have not been checking cdfreaks lately but will get the new update. I to found the first release of the 64bit a little unstable but after the last updates have had no problems.

6. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

not a problem..just sharing my 2 cents worth with everyone else, the first update to the 5.0.0.0 version wrecked havok on my computer, everything started crashing, from nero all the way to my email client (totally unrelated but it did it somehow :p) but since the 5.1.1.1 version, which i had for less than a week before upgrading to the 5.1.2.1; everything has gone very smooth and i find it very stable to say the least. hope it works as well for you as it does for me~ :)

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

It should, just used it last night to split movie Earthsea and both AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 worked well, so hopefully my comp will be happy with new upgrade.:)

8. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

The major problem with Ver. 5.0.0.0 was with Nero. Since I never use Nero, I've not had any problems with any version of AnyDVD.

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have had anydvd for a couple of years now, it has got on with all of my nero versions, including the latest, 6.0.12 I think. I have not tried the beta version yet of anydvd though. I will give it a whirl & see what happens!

10. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

yes, the problem w/ the beta before was directly linked to my nero, there would be errors all across the board, which eventually crashed my entire system -btw i have the latest version of nero too~ :)

but, with this newest version of anydvd, all is well again on my comp, best of luck to all of you, it's definitely a GREAT investment and i've never regretted my purchase of anydvd.

good day to you all~

11. gunting

gunting Guest

I did have a problem with AnyDVD v5.1.2.1. I downloaded it from this site and the recording would stop at the writing phase and the program would freeze. I deleted that version and downloaded version 5.1.1.1 from Slysoft and have been problem free. I would wait until Slysoft offically moves to the 5.1.2.1 iteration.

12. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

im sorry to hear of your misfortunes with the "beta" version, while it has worked flawlessly for me, everyone has a different setup...good luck with your version and keep it running~ :)

13. little155

little155 Regular member

I downloaded 5.1.2.1 before I knew of anyone having problems and am not having any problems so far. If I do start having problems, I do what gunting says. But, then again "What ever works for you". Maybe I shouldn't be so quick on the trigger to download the next update until I read the forums. Later Geo.

14. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

I do not know about you guys and gals but I have been having some problems with "bad sectors" since I downloaded 5.1.2.1. Never had a problem with the previous version but that wasn't out long enough to see before this version came out. The last really stable version in my opinion was 4.6.3.1. They updated about 3 0r 4 times in a short period and now this new version has been available for a month now and it is still not listed on their website. I am beginning to wonder. If they do not release it on their website in the next week I am reverting back to 5.1.1.1.

15. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Sounds like "bad discs" to me. I have been using the v.5.1.2.1 since the "beta" came out and have had nothing but success. If v.5.1.1.1 works for you, by all means use that version. If it is the media, you will still have "bad sectors".

16. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Maybe you are right. The disc was used and maybe it was corrupt. I'll give them another week or so to post it on their website if they do not have there by them something is wrong. It has been almost a month now and the only place you can get 5.1.2.1 is on this site or cdfreaks.

17. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Anyway, V.5.1.2.1 was only a "minor" update to V.5.1.1.1 as I understand it so there's no particular rush on Slysoft's part.

18. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Thanks for the quick reply. I just cant understand why they dont say it is a beta and try it at your own risk. Then people could make an informed decision. They put it out as an update on this site and another I wont mention.( All of us know who is it anyway). Again, thank for your reply.

19. ozy

ozy Regular member

Aland,
    So if that 5.1.2.1 is'nt doing you justice relaod 5.1.1.1. I'm still using 5.1.1.1 and it's working fine, in fact I havn't had a single problem with any version released including clonedvd2.

Clonedvd2 and Anydvd just rock!!!!!

20. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Most of my problems were not do to AnyDVD, it was as expected dirty discs. I got a 50 pack of TYG-02 and they all stuck together, first time that ever happened. Anyway I took them back to CompUSA and got another pack and have had no problems. Thanks for your input, AnyDVD is a great program, the next update should be out soon on their website.