1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD vs DVD43free

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fab5_dv, Jan 15, 2005.

1. fab5_dv

fab5_dv Guest

I am trying to use Recode 2, and I have made my first successfull backup. DVD Decryptor is a great tool, and I ripped with this first. However, I think I could save some time using AnyDVD in the background.. I have DVD43free already installed from a different proggy I was trying out, but it doesn't seem to work with Recode2. Can anyone confirm that that is true.. Is AnyDVD worth the $$, as opposed to using Decryptor for free, -it only adds say 15 minutes or so..

Thoughts..
    -Thanks! This site is sooo helpfull. Kudos..

2. oldhippie

oldhippie Member

Yes the AnyDVD is great works with any dvd, I've only had trouble with one out many different DVD ,with all the update of the AnyDVD Its well worth the money....

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Iv done both ways using AnyDVD amd ripping with Decrypter. both are good programs but at the end both probably takes just as long to recode and burn.

4. kjmuscles

kjmuscles Member

I switched to anydvd, when dvd43free wouldn't fully decrypt little black book and RE2. I don't know if there is an update for dvd43free yet?

You can also find ways around paying for anydvd, I will leave that up to you to figure out.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

In order for Dvd43 1.4 to work properly you must download patin couffin. It has been known to cause conflict on some PC's. There is Dvd43 2.0 that doesn't require a patin couffin DL, but you must pay for it.

Either way AnyDvd is much better than Dvd43 IMHO. It is constantly being updated, The latest is the hard copy read errors that are being used in DVD protection. There are very few movies it can't get by encryption on, and it allows on the fly burning also.

As far as being better than decrypter? Kinda apples to oranges. Having both pretty much ensures being able to backup just about any movie. I don't always burn on the fly, only with movies that don't need much compressing or editing, if it does, then I would rather rip to my hard drive first anyway. It's much more dependable and saves wear and tear on your reader. Having anydvd gives you a choice.

I think it's well worth the money but there is a 21 day trial, so try it out and see what you think.

6. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

dvd 43 v2 needs paying for. Dvd43 v3 is free again and is stand alone (no patin couffin needed)
    Personally i dont believe in paying for anything so i use nero oem, shrink, decrypter, dvd43 v3.
    However i dont advise 'finding ways to avoid paying for it' and neither should others. Just use the free alternatives. Programmers need to make a living too

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Interesting, when did they do that? Do they still have 2.0 or is 3.0 an update and Dvd43 is totally free once again?

8. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

still havent figured out how to get the links working properly

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  9. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

www.dvd43.com/

download from www.dvd43free.com/install-dvd43.exe
    i think they sold v2 to dvdidle but v3 is their own again

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I got it here in AD just to check it out, thanx.

11. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

let me know what you think...if its worthwhile paying for anydvd or not...i might dl it now and try the trial out

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Well, I use to use Dvd43, but I don't think there's any way it'll surpass anydvd. I will say tho, the version 3.0 now has a screen come up a lot like anydvd's. Who knows, looks like a big improvement over the old Dvd43 already.

I'll know more Tuesday when the new movies come out ;>)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  13. ilovenudi

ilovenudi Member

I paid for ANYDVD and got the link to save to computer. Didn't download or do anything and now I'm out the $39. e-mailed support but I have no response as of yet. Now I have one more problem besides the css bologny!

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I'm not sure what you're saying. You didn't like AnyDvd? Everyone I know who has it thinks it works wonderfullly well.

15. ilovenudi

ilovenudi Member

I'd love it if it workedbut I paid online and then it did not load like most online downloads. Must be a technical issue but meanwhile I have NO ANYDVD. This is here to mention the web site problem NOT to tell you it doesn't work. I don't have it (I wish) I just PAID for it!

16. brobear

brobear Guest

Go back to the website, http://www.slysoft.com , and download the trial version of the program. That will give you the program for 21 days. During that time you can collect the proof you paid for the program and supply that to SlySoft. They will send you a key to register the program with. The trial download is the full function program, just not activated and registered.

17. ilovenudi

ilovenudi Member

thanks. good idea!

18. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome. It justs give everyone involved time to take care of the problem without being rushed and you get to use the program. As I said, all you'll need to do is get a key. Those are dated, so use it when you get it.

19. icetom

icetom Member

anydvd works great...also use 1click with it....great combination....100 dvd's np.

20. ilovenudi

ilovenudi Member

ok I got the key in and it doeswhat it does but DVD copyxpress still doen't burn right! I checked the basic few that I new I needed to and that let the software TRY to burn. It said successful but played it and only got error!Everything worked fine till 3 weeks ago!Now nothing burns!