1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD won't run after upgrading

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Kissmiss, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

I've been using AnyDVD happily with 1ClickDVDCopy for some time now. I just upgraded to the 5956 version and now I can't start the program. Clicking on the icon or the anydvd.exe file gives me nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times, but still I get nothing.

I will now try uninstalling and reinstalling the OLDER version but that doesn't make any sense. I amalso VERY unhappy with a company that charges you a premium for a little tiny program and then can't find a way to support you other than with a much-delayed email process. I am expecting to get kicked out of even that email support because I can't give them the serial number of the product because I can't open the program to see what it is.

I'm mightily pissed.

2. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

Uninstalled 5956 and reinstalled 5953 and managed to get the program running. Unfortunately, 1ClickDVD no longer sees AnyDVD's decrypting on any title and returns the "This DVD is encrypted" error message for any title I try to copy.

Once again, I would argue against using AnyDVD if you have to pay for it and then wait TWO DAYS to get a fix to your problem with their software. That may work for shareware but it is totally unnacceptable for a tiny program that you PAID for.

Time to go back to DVDdecrypter or some other free program I guess.

3. Pudder

Pudder Member

I had some problems with it too after I had XP updates installed last week. I did a system restore and set it back a week earlier,then up graded to newest any DVD and reinstalled clone 2, It works fine now.

4. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

AnyDVD finally responded to me and told me I needed to wipe my cache and histories from my browser files and that would resolve the issue............NOT!!!

It caused the program (which I had gotten working again under 5953 to completely refuse to load. I had to uninstall the 5956 and reinstall the 5953 and reboot several times and then modify my two DVD drive configurations before I could use it again.

It's been more than 36 hours and they still haven't responded to my last response. It's "tech support" so lame and limited as not to qualify for the definition of real "support" at all. I don't think they give a s**t once they have your money in hand.

5. JVC

JVC Active member

It sounds like you may have a conflict with it. AnyDVD is one of the best programs on the market.
    When you were buying AnyDVD, you were told very plainly to save the serial number to a disc and/or write it down somewhere that you could have it, if needed later. It's not their fault that you didn't do as you were instructed.........

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have always had quick responses from SlySoft, usually within 12hrs & they always were very helpful. Can't understand your probs, it's very rare for AnyDvd to conflict with any other software.

7. JVC

JVC Active member

I have read on several occaisions thet DVD43 [bold]will[/bold] conflict with AnyDVD. So if you have DVD43 installed, take it off, and see if you still have the problem.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

LOL DVD43 started my system32 folder opening automatically on boot. That was annoying. I've never had a problem with AnyDVD. Slysoft keeps it updated to deal with the newer copyright protection as it comes along. They're not clairvoyant, so the updates are necessary. When a new version comes out, it's simply load the new over the old. This is the first time I've heard anyone with a problem with AnyDVD not reading when it opened. I've heard the occasional complaint where it didn't recognize the registration, but that's been no problem. With the serial, a key can be issued that takes care of that problem easily if the old one won't work.

Kissmiss
    If it was a matter of the serial number, you said you got it back up. Surely you got the serial number you'd neglected to get before.

9. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

"It's not their fault that you didn't do as you were instructed........"

What a ridiculously righteous thing to say, JVC. I have more than a terrabyte of hard drive space with hundreds of programs installed and you think it's my fault for not assuming that this little tiny piece of software would become so unuseable as to not be loadable. Damn boy, I bet you can ONLY draw by staying within the lines, eh? Perhaps you can explain to me what having the serial number does to enhance their ability to fix the problem with their software? Please explain.

DVD43 was uninstalled long ago. I still have not heard back from Slysoft a second time and I still am unable to use the 5956 "upgrade" and we are on our fourth day with this problem with no support from Slysoft other than to take a couple of days to tell me to try something I had already done and which didn't work the first time.

What DID work to get the 5953 revision functioning was suggested by another user - to take the 1ClickDVD out of "safe" mode.

The bottom line is that a tiny piece of software should never be the tail that wags the dog - your computer. Pudder has to reinvent his system to accomodate the program and I have to redo my hard drive confiurations and I STILL don't have any clear resolution to the problem NOR and word from Slysoft and JVC wants to make it MY fault for not properly recording my serial number? How completely missing the point is that?

Thanks for your help here those who offered it. Maybe tomorrow Slysoft will get around to contacting me with another piece of rudimentary nonsense.

10. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

11. ireland

ireland Active member

just info,

After the last update to windows XP that I did today which had 4 updates clonedvd and anydvd would start and when you select the movie for copy it would not display the chapters and would stop responding. I removed the latest windows updates after trying everything else I could think of and clonedvd worked fine again. Has anyone else had this happen? Is windows tryin g to stop dvd copy software?

Microsoft Patches Causing Breakages, Lockups
    By Ryan Naraine
    April 17, 2006

Two patches released in Microsoft's April batch of security updates are causing system hangs, Windows crashes and the appearance of strange dialog boxes.
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332032

Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015, April 15, 2006
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/331508

Here this might be a solution to your problem:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  12. DVDgalore

DVDgalore Guest

So many problems with anydvd,anydvd is really the most overated software on the market,Its given me so many problems i barley use it.Slysoft clashes with alot of other programs,and almost crashed my whole hardrive.I got really lucky.

13. ireland

ireland Active member

DVDgalore

its not the program its your computer,
    i been using anydvd since it first came out..and i know a heck of a lot of users that do not have problem one.

note i have over 200+ programs installed,also not a problem,at all..with anydvd.

14. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I'm in total agreement with ya there Ireland, though everyone is entitled you their opinion. I've never had the least bit of trouble from it on either of my machines.

15. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Neither have I had a problem related to AnyDVD. Probably because I try to eliminate "cockpit errors"....:)

16. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

For a program to be referred to as "problematic" doesn't require it to have a problem rate of more than just a few percentages of users. In looking through several forums the name AnyDVD comes up A LOT.

The suggestion that it is someone's "fault" or a "problem with their machine" misses the point entirely. The problem with AnyDVD is that it is incompatible with MANY programs. That you don't have one of those programs installed on YOUR system does not mean that AnyDVD is flawfree, and that anyone who does have those programs installed is "at fault". It simply means you don't have one of those conflicting programs installed, PERIOD. The inference that the end-user needs to strip his machine of any hardware or software configurations that AnyDVD might have problems with is bass-ackwards thinking. It is the tail wagging the dog.

17. ireland

ireland Active member

Kissmiss and DVDgalore

do me a favor,name the conflicting programs,that ye know of..the way ye posted there must be a ton..
    so that we all will know not to install those programs...

i will start ye off with one.."O" heck make it 2
    cracks
    dvd43
    thanks..

18. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Most errors reported re: AnyDVD have had a high percentage of problems of people using "cracked" versions thus the high percentage of so called "probems." Few problems arise with program conflicts, DVD43 being one that comes to mind......

19. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

Thanks for the suggestion of theft on my part. I paid for both programs.

As to what programs are conflicting....................how would I know all the programs AnyDVD might have problems with? I don't feel like it's my job to figure that stuff out for a company I pay for their software. That's kinda THEIR job, isn't it?

I was interested to hear about the problems one poster had after upgrading some of their windows components. That may well be the cause, but if that's true, then, forgive me for suggesting this, but isn't it kinda more Slysoft's responsiblilty to insure their program is compatible with such Windows upgrades rather than the other way around?

I have no desire to make my system accomodate this little program by tracking down and deleting any incompatible hardware or software. How did that get to be MY job? Well, unfortunately, it appears to have been made my job by Slysoft's unwillingness to respond to my problems at all. I still have not heard back from them since telling them their silly first idea didn't work at all. That was more than two days ago and I have had NO response. Oh yeah, I feel so supported........NOT !!

20. ireland

ireland Active member

quote,Kissmiss
    Thanks for the suggestion of theft on my part. I paid for both programs.

i never said that ye were using a crack.!!!!
    and i would never accusing you of using a crack..

this is what i said
    do me a favor,name the conflicting programs,that ye know of..the way ye posted there must be a ton..
    so that we all will know not to install those programs...
    i will start ye off with one.."O" heck make it 2
    cracks
    dvd43
    thanks..