1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD won't run after upgrading

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Kissmiss, Apr 15, 2006.

1. brobear

brobear Guest

DVDgalore
    Well I for one believe you have the right to call it anything you wish. I also see the right of the majority to point out they've had excellent success with it. We're here to try to help as we can. We heard you the first time you said it didn't work. I've heard you complain more than seeking help with it. Though there's not a lot of help to be given for such a simple app. Few settings to change. Right click and read what they do. Nothing complicated. Normally it works on most systems with most backup apps. Nothing is 100% all the time. Success usually depends on having a well maintained and stable OS. No special computer knowledge is required, other than common sense and basic skills. (Note I said usually, I pointed out nothing is 100% all the time, so people can have unexplained problems.) My question is why do you persist in using it if it causes so much trouble or have you stopped and are just here to complain?

If you're having to use system restore so much, that means at some point your system was stable enough for AnyDVD to work properly, but something is occurring to cause your system to become unstable or corrupted. If it works when you go back to a stable system restore point, you need to find out what's changing to make the difference. If it turn's out to be the AnyDVD, you just can't use it. That doesn't mean the majority of us can't.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2006
  2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Galore, use whatever you want. However, thousands if not millions, use AnyDVD without problems everyday. I dare say there is not a software program that behaves perfectly for every user in every situation every time. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for anyone or most. Also I didn't see any mass piling on upon AnyDVD bashers. When someone tells you a program isn't working because it's junk and you know the program's working, why wouldn't one question the basher and defend the program?

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I wish people would use English in the correct manner & not use exclamation marks & question marks all the time, when slagging off AnyDvd. Dvdgalore, that is your opinion, but the number who have no probs with it FAR outweigh the people that do.......

u ppl - most irritating, makes it very hard to read. In fact, I tend to ignore people who write like this.

4. mrpat67

mrpat67 Regular member

@DVDgalore- Why must you, and so many other people rage against AnyDVD and Slysoft. Many people here use products from Slysoft without a problem. I have been doing this for about 2 years now, and have never bought any better app than AnyDVD. Look through the forums. You will see thread after thread saying certain movies can't be backed up. The people saying the movies can't be backed up are hardly ever running the latest version of AnyDVD. I have yet to find a movie that can't be backed up using it. If you know of one let us know. Also please explain in greater detail this ambiguous claim:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  5. ireland

ireland Active member

i read his back posts.
    cut his fire off and do not answer him,i am beginning to feel hes a agitator...hes not here for help.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Was it Ireland who asked for a list of conflicting apps while supplying the first and a category?

DVD43
    (cracks)

Something along the lines of Windows updates possibly triggering problems was mentioned. There's nothing conclusive as many users with the same OS and updates have no problems.

So, any additions?

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Ireland
    You're right. May I make a couple of suggestions to end his problems. Use DVDFab Decrypter till Slysoft fixes your problem or don't use AnyDVD at all. Ask Slysoft for a refund, which they may not honor depending on your situation (how long ago you purchased it and such). We can't help you there. That's material for the Safety Valve, not the help threads of the forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2006
  8. DVDgalore

DVDgalore Guest

U see,i knew soon as i made one little comment about your beloved slysoft software,i knew TEN other afterdawn junkies would fire right back at me,just cuzz i make one comment,MY OPINION,i get ransacked by slysoft andvd warshippers.Look im always looking at software,seeing what to buy,what to use,it just seems every were i look,there are complaints about this software.I was actually on here to see how slysoft programs are running lately,but i know now!!Im not updating mine now,heck i might just uninstall it.

P.S i wasnt saying i had to do a system restore,I never do that,or will have to do that.Thats the last thing i ever want.Its like starting all over,LAMO.I was saying its sad,how much forums I've come across about PPL having to do a system restore just to get a silly little program like anydvd to work.

9. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

@DVDgalore

Could you please post some links to all those forums you came across that people are having to do system restores to get AnyDVD to work? Not just a link to the forum but the actual threads?

I would be interested in reading them.

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

So often people make these claims, but are unable/unwilling to qualify them....The way the poster writes, looks like a teenager anyway. Mind you. they know everything....

Not sure what warships have to do with it either.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  11. JVC

JVC Active member

DVDgalore doesn't even understand the concept of a system restore.
    When you go to a restore point, you're not starting from scratch......
    I think the problems are with his computer, not AnyDVD.

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

JVC you mirrored my thoughts.

13. little155

little155 Regular member

Actually, I read these forums all the time. Most people are not complaining about AnyDVD. And their complaint, usually is something totally different, or they are not using AnyDVD at all. Hope this makes sense.

14. brobear

brobear Guest

LOL All that talk about system restore and not having tried it himself. Got a good reply for everything except specific questions on all these other people having problems or what is causing them. Interesting. Ireland was right. DVDgalore is just here now to rattle the cages to see if he can get a reaction.

DVDgalore
    Have you tried any of the suggestions or checks suggested so far in this thread? Rhetorical. In case you don't understand the word, no need to answer. You've shown you're on a rant and just trying to get a response here.

No one was trying to harass you till you start ranting about a software that works for most users. You drop in, start making exaggerated claims about all these people with problems on forums, don't link to them, mention problems and no info to verify anyone else had a problem along the same lines. This was supposed to be a help thread.

Any comments you elicit now for your rants are what you've asked for and seemingly want. Ireland and the others are right, till you supply something informational or try to work toward a solution, you should be ignored, I'm going to. You have your right to complain, but you're doing it in the wrong place and we're not here to be sympathetic. AnyDVD just works for the large majority of users. Hate to see anyone have a problem, but we're not Slysoft.

15. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi,

Wow at the turn this thread has taken. For those who are having issues with anydvd might I suggest you take the time to troubleshoot your system to see what the conflict might be. My issue was I am running a 64 bit OS while most software was designed for 32 bit, plus a particular update I discovered needed to be installed BEFORE updating anydvd. Depending on what your situation is do what is best for your pc. The fact may be that microsoft (in my opinion) tried to slip a gadget to circumvent using certain software to bypass copy protection on retail media (noticed I pointed out the direct issue with backing up dvds/ cds) then again lets wait to see if slysoft actually finds this to be true. If you have an issue with anydvd I say again post what the concern is and maybe there is a solution that someone has already posted or eventually we (forum effort) will assist in correcting the issue. Lets be cordial and not turn this thread into a flamewar..we have enough of those already.

16. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

If you don't service and look after you car, strangely enough it stops working correctly.
    Same sh*t happens if you let you PC get into a mess and don't keep it up to date and serviced.
    You can keep blinkers on and blame the software which 99.9% of users don't have a problem with, or you can take a look at your system and get yourself sorted.

17. brobear

brobear Guest

matt72
    Don't worry, Ireland's already suggested the course of action, which you seem to agree with, DVDgalore needs to start working toward a solution instead of ranting. It's an "ignore it" situation till he does. People commenting are just saying AnyDVD works for them more than trying to give DVDgalore a hard time. After all, he came to find how others were faring with AnyDVD.
    For most people good. (Question answered nicely.)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2006
  18. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

My older computer: TODAY: XP SP1, installed ALL critical updates . AnyDVD 5.9.5.6 was installed last week. Again, no problems running AnyDVD/CloneDvd2.

19. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

I apparently have not been making myself clear...............

Several posters are asking why I don't bring my problem to Slysoft.....

It's been 4 days since I asked Slysoft to assist me with my problem and I have heard NOTHING from them. I even left them my telephone number since they are unwilling to reveal theirs.

I am posting here as much about their abject failure to assist me in any way with their product I purchased less than a month ago, than I am about the failings of their product.

Whatever else you might feel about the program, surely you can't consider their absolute non-support to be acceptable. How can anyone so enthusiastically support a program whose company refuses to stand behind their product?

FOUR+ DAYS and counting.

20. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Ah,if only all programs were as simple as ANY DVD and Clone.Somethings wrong somewhere oyher than these two fine programs. Chris