1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDvd

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by johndvd, Jan 20, 2005.

1. johndvd

johndvd Member

I was curious which programs anydvd works with (dvdxcopy, dvd shrink, dvdclone, etc). I want to be able to customize my compression, so I can compress the extras more than the movie itself, and use Anydvd also. Thanks

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Either you've done no homework at all OR I don't understand your question.

AnyDVD is a ripper and as such does not and cannot have anything to do with compression.

The smallest of searches would have told you that - since I assume you wouldn't have bothered to post a question you hadn't at least tried to research, perhaps you would re-phase your question so that it makes more sense -

Pete

3. hursty

hursty Active member

anydvd is a silent program that runs in the background alondside your other software,i wouldnt worry about what it can or cant run with..if you have it..then good,it will only enhance your chances of ripping a movie successfully.just install and leave the little sucker running on your toolbar.then forget about it.
    you should use dvd shrink to re-educate,manipulate your dvd,call it what you will.
    i would recommend using dvd shrink to compress your movie running with dvd decrypter to burn it,and course not to forget anydvd.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

In DVD Shrink, after your movie is analyzed, high-light "Extras" - go to the right-hand side of the window in compression settings, change "automatic" to "Custom Ratio" and slide the compression slider all the way to the left. Do the same with "Unreferenced Materials" that will lessen the compression on the main movie yet all else will still be there for you and working to boot :)

Cheers,

Pete

5. permatex

permatex Regular member

most of the dvd copy programs has a built in program to shrink movies to a point,beyond this shrink point you will loose something weather sound color brightness or overall quality of burnt dvd. in other words you can only shrink so much.