1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by peter101, Apr 15, 2005.

1. peter101

peter101 Member

I just bought a dvd from Aust.Region 4. I live in Canada Region 1.
    I have downloaded anydvd, it shows up on my taskbar as it is running.
    I have riped 3 disks now and all three times it still will not play.
    I even downloaded the movie on my hard drive then burnt it, still won't work. Help anyone?

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

What did you use to rip and what did you use to burn? What did the AnyDVD information page say? What media are you using and burning speed? need alot more info to hazzard a guess.

3. framit

framit Guest

Remember Australia is a PAL system country, Canada is NTSC you are going to have to convert your DVD content to be able to play it in Canada.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Check over the options in AnyDVD and make sure you have the option to make all discs region free enabled along with the RCP2 drive emulation enabled. You should be able to watch this movie just fine on your PC with all these options enabled.

Also, If you have the 5.0 version, you might want to go back to the 4.3.6.2 or whatever the last one was. The 5.0 is just a beta.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

framit has a very valid point , it may well be a problem to playback for you because it is PAL format DVD & Nth. America/Canada is NTSC ... a completely different frame rate.

We/us in Europe here are backward compatable , as we can play both formats equally well on nearly all electrical appliances such as TVs & DVD or Video players.

I dont convert from PAL to NTSC personally so I'll not suggest the best way of doing this but I will say that if you come to any encoding and are able to ... use CCE [Cinema Craft Encoder] to do the encoding/converting

: )

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  6. peter101

peter101 Member

First off, I can play the movie on my pc.How do I convert pal to ntsc?

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member