1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone bought refurbished lcd tv?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by tinson, Oct 18, 2007.

1. tinson

tinson Member

Second Act has many refurbished lcds for low prices. is it good or not to buy them? Thanks, guys...

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You should be fine as long as it carries the factory warranty and has been "factory reconditioned".

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@tinson ... Loco is absolutely right. Most on line stores are considered "distributers" and not retailers so their not factory authorized. If that is the case, make sure that their own warranty is at least as good as the manufactures.

Take a look at their home page and see if you find the words "Factory (or manufacturer) Authorized dealer" ... they always have it in bold and obvious print because a lot of people (like me) won't buy it otherwise. Also, look for the gold "BBB" shield also in an obvious place.

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Damn, some of their prices are really good. I've been considering the Sharp Aquos(sp?) so I checked them out ... at least the one TV I looked at had the manufacture's warranty though I didn't look closely at the others.

5. tinson

tinson Member

for example, the sharp 52" lcd carries a 90 days in home warranty from sharp, is that good enough?

6. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

i'd choose the first one