1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone else had this problem?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Forsaken0, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Forsaken0

Forsaken0 Member

I've noticed when using cd rippers, not often but it does happen that the cd rips fine, well you thought it did, but when you play back the mp3's there is nothing there. It happened to me once and I've also downloaded a few albums off the net that were like this.
    Any ideas why this happens?

2. blco32

blco32 Member

Originally I never had this problem but lately it has happened to me. Why, I really don't know but I read that certain brands of blanks will do that. True or not, I can't say but it does sound logical.

3. Forsaken0

Forsaken0 Member

I'm not talking about when you copy it to blanks. I'm talking ripping to your Hard drive. I had to restart my pc for it to work again.. the mp3's show up like 5 meg size as usual but there is no music just silence.. lol weird

4. blco32

blco32 Member

Ok. I misunderstood you. I have never had any problem like that. I use 2 programs called Sonic Burn or MusicMatch which both do a great job of CD ripping. Never any problem. Of course, Sonic Burn rips to Wave and MusicMatch rips to MP3. Good choice either way.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2004
  5. 02004976

02004976 Member

not really sure y it does that, i always use a freeware package called CDEx, works a treat, i ripped ass loads of CD's with it and never failed yet. Worth a look if nothin else. Hope u solve ur problem

6. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Suspect your prob might have to do with DRM?
    Digital Rights Management is tryin' to take over...
    Buncha cork suckers & ice holes
    (there I feel a little better now)
    Either that or, I hear MP3s are being uploaded that are just as you describe, blank. (Bastages!)
    If all this is ruled out, you may have some kind of bizarre codec problem (you said a reboot helps?)
    How is your OS, is it fresh or is it ancient?
    There is always one sure way to fix a system that is 'haunted'...
    Regards

7. Jane1022

Jane1022 Guest

Hey, I often encountered the matter ago with other rippers, but now Xilisoft CD Ripper works well. you can download a trial version to have a try.