1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Blenn, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Blenn

Blenn Member

Specifically with my 911/Faranheite disk. My DVD recorder just cannot read this disk. The disk itself is faultless with no scratches etc and plays perfectly well in my home DVD player. Plays on all my family players (this is a master original by the way and not a copy).

When I place it in my DVD Recorder is just makes stuttered whirring noises then finally comes to a stop without it being able to access!

DVD Decyrpter cannot read it nor shrink.

My DVD recorder is the LG-GSA - 5120D with upto date firmware.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Paul Blenn

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  2. Blenn

Blenn Member

Anybody?

3. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

Do you get an error message?

4. Blenn

Blenn Member

Not really - no. It just makes stuttered whirring noises then finally stops. If I remember rightly decrypter just says cant read disc. The same disc will work perfectly well in mine and friends and family players. It is totally free of scratches and abrasions etc...?

Blenn

5. DaKeith

DaKeith Guest

sounds like the DVD player in ur puter is not playing the disc. can u watch the movie on ut PC??? I have a movie that wouldnt play on my old DVD rom( i think it was Lake Placid). I do remember it was a LG but cant remember the model#.

6. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

Strangly enough I had a DVD movie in which my DVDrom (Liteon) wouldn't read however my Plextor px-708a would. This rarely occurs but it can happen.

7. Blenn

Blenn Member

Nah - the pc cannot access it all. It must be just one of those things. I have had no other problem discs just this one!

Weird!

Blenn