1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else noticed bad Ritek CDR media with WD-001 designation?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by jase, Feb 4, 2003.

1. jase

jase Guest

I've posted elsewhere on this forum about this, just wanting to know if anyone else has been having the same problems. If you go here...

http://jasejames.tripod.com/ritek.htm

And see what I mean. Basically these discs appear fine at low speed, but if read or written at high speed they don't perform well at all. I've noticed this on a few brands of cheaper Ritek media with a white print on the inner rim that says *WD-001*. Mainly unbranded white-tops (just say "Premium Grade A etc" around the middle like a Discplanet/Discrite or Nugen disc) and FWS media in the UK.

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Balancing problems?

3. jase

jase Guest

Quite possibly. But still dodgy media -- the discs won't read correctly at high speed on *any* reader I've tried them on -- they ALL slow down (but read the disc OK).

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

I had these discs once, I can't remember what brand or make, that behaved somewhat the same. Perfectly good at lower speeds (read or write) and much worse when accelared. I came to the conclusion that the disc is not in balance or the coating of the disc is not in balance.

5. jase

jase Guest

Interesting. Anyone else? I'd like to ascertain where these discs are coming from. Then I can advise certain people to avoid them.