1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone ever had a music cd that just stopped working?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ringofire, Mar 29, 2005.

1. ringofire

ringofire Member

I have Eagles Hotel california. Had it for years , hasnt been played too much. It looks like new but will not play. Tried computer , car player, home stereo. Nothing happens. Isnt that odd?

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey ringofire,

No that is NOT odd at all. I have the same issue with a cd that I am trying to fix for a friend of mine. But yeah, just like you, it won't play in any type of media player. Haven't the foggiest to what the issue could be, so it might be a good idea, to either TRY and rip it, or just get the songs on the web.

Other than that...I don't know WHAT to do!

;)

3. PROPHECYx

PROPHECYx Member

It could be a number of issues, is the cd original?
    If its a copy, you may have burned it with the Copy Protect On. That would explain why it won't play anywhere else.
    As for not playing on your PC..... Have there been any changes made to your system?

I would try ripping it and burning a fresh copy, this method has always worked for me!

Good Luck :)

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Well, mine is an original, it is not actually mine, but a friend of mines. She can't get the darn thing to play, but she had a standalone, and thried the pc route as well. I was already thinking of burning it and making a fresh copy, just been lazy about it! Who knows, but ringofire, if I get it fixed, I will let you know the outcome!

;)

BTW, thanks PROPHECYx for the info! :)

5. PROPHECYx

PROPHECYx Member

No problem mate!

6. ringofire

ringofire Member

Windows media player recognizes the disc as Hotel california and shows the tracks by name. but says it needs to switch to analog mode to read it. It is an original disc not a copy. Nero will not copy it either. it gives some strange message about not enough HD space (there is plenty). Very strange. The dics is about 15 years old but like brand new.

7. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

hmmmmmm.... Thats definately a weird one. have you tried creating an iso of the disk and burning that. Then rip from the copy.