1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone ever used this?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Xenokai, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It depends on you really. HP already warranty's the computer for 1 year if you want an additional 3 years after that and can afford $40 then go for it. Question is how much of this PC will be the same in a year anyway? What else needs to be asked is if you open the system does it void the warrany, and if so forget it because you are going to have to open it in less than a year to blow out all the dust (at least I would hope so). You will more than likely do upgrade's in less than a year too. I would think more memory would be important seeing how 64MB is being shared by the video card. You will probably add a video card sooner or later also. So you see it all depends on what you plan on doing with the system in the future. Myself I wouldn't get the plan, but then again I would not have even thought about buying that computer in the first place, but thats just me don't take offense to it because none is intended. If you plan on keeping it for a while and can do upgrades without voiding the warranty then $40 isn't a bad idea for piece of mind :)

3. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

yeah im gonna upgrade soon but i think its coverd as long as it is licend software

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I never buy extended warranties. If it's gonna break it's gonna break in the first few months and would be covered under the manufactures warranty.

5. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

i always buy extented warrtie's and glad i did cause ps2 are so shyty made and they start messing up like 1 year later so if i got a 2 yr wrrnty i just try to deal witht the pos messing up till its the end of my warrnty almost lol same with xbox but it hasnt messed up ever GC never mess's up ither