1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone heard of directdownloadmovies.com

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by OHIOguy, Mar 20, 2004.

1. OHIOguy

OHIOguy Guest

I just stumbled across www.directdownloadmovies.com and it looks like a pretty good deal. Unlimited downloads for a $8.99 one time fee. Seems too good to believe, and they also have quite a few movies still in theaters. Have any of you guys or girls heard anything about this site? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't mess with it. First off, they're peddling pirated films and second, I wouldn't give pirates my credit card info.

3. riprat

riprat Member

Nephilim is right. If they have movies that are still in the theaters then they are pirated movies and I would be very leary of giving them card information. Besides why pay for something that you can get free with any good P2P? When they go down, you will go down with them.

4. OHIOguy

OHIOguy Guest

Thats kind of what I figured, just wanted to make sure there isn't some sort of legal way they are doing it. A buddy of mine signed up with them and got 4-5 good quality movies that are still in theaters (not shot with a camcorder) overnight. I've never had any success with any of the P2P software for downloading large (over 200mb) files. Thanks for the input.

5. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

There is a legitimate service (http://www.movielink.com) for downloading movies, though I doubt that it has a one-time fee, and movies still in theaters.

6. mpatnode

mpatnode Member

It's definitely a scam. They take your money, point you to bittorrent, and then give you a couple links to bittorrent sites. Half the links don't even work any more.