1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here from Southern California?

Discussion in 'Artist looking for a band' started by SoCalSing, Jan 19, 2005.

1. SoCalSing

SoCalSing Member

it's probably easier to find each other if we look by location.
    anyway if anyone else from southern california is looking to form a band for the purpose of making music that will change the world then let me know

2. bluesbro3

bluesbro3 Guest

hell ya im in southern cali san diego and i also want to change the world with rock. im a guitar player and trying to start up a band i like 70s 80s rocki have a drummer already e mail me at HowToGetBanned@afterdawn.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  3. SoCalSing

SoCalSing Member

i live in long beach but location shouldn't mean anything. sometimes it does though. oh well. what kind of music do you guys like? maybe we could write some songs together sometime. do you guys like like to write your own music?

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

@bluesbro3,

Is that really your email address?

5. bluesbro3

bluesbro3 Guest

dude i live in san marcos dude we need to meet or something i already have a manager and he knows producers in l.a that can get us a record deal!!!!
    what do you play

6. SoCalSing

SoCalSing Member

hmmm. i'm not sure if i would want a record deal. then the record companies would sort of have us by the nuts. already having a manager is awesome though. finding a place to play is usually the hardest part. i've got nothin but free time so if you wanna meet at a beach between here and there and jam for a while that would be cool with me.

7. bluesbro3

bluesbro3 Guest

well when i ment record deal i mean having our own producer or a record company so we would be able to make cds what music do you like

8. SoCalSing

SoCalSing Member

i love dispatch, have you heard of them? i like a lot of acoustic music, as far as rock goes i like incubus, red hot chili peppers, Steve Miller band, dire straights, I can't really think of much right now but i like a lot of stuff. what do you like?
    I'm 21 caucasion, from mississippi, what about you?

9. bluesbro3

bluesbro3 Guest

i like alot of 80s and 70s rock im 15 italian and im from san marcos i like the red hot chili peppers but im more into the older stuff

10. SoCalSing

SoCalSing Member

only 15 hunh? how good are you at guitar? and can you drive? how old is the manager you know? and do you know any good drumers?