1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone know how to convert aac to mp3?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by pcshateme, Mar 17, 2005.

1. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i have been looking around for the longest time to find a program that will convert aac audio to mp3 audio.- i have an avi with .aac audio- my divx enabled dvd player wont load the audio. ive been able to demux the file and have tried several programs to try to convert the file. ive tried besweet (it wouldnt even open it) river pas video cleaner wouldnt touch it, tried tricking tmpg to open the file and just convert the audio, i tried xillisoft (and it just fails about 2 seconds in) and nero. nero converts it to a multichannel wav file but i cant touch it either. whenever i try to open the converted wav file in another program i get the same errors i would with the aac file, as if i didnt even change formats.

any help would be great, ive been going nuts for weeks trying to figure this out.

2. whompus

whompus Active member

Been a couple years for me from when I had to do that. I think I remember though using winamp with a plugin called in_mp4. That was before release of winamp 5. Don't know if winamp 5 can or may even have it build in now. Check it out and if not do a search for winamp 3 and I would think sourceforge.net will be host for the in_mp4 plugin.

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

5. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

xillisoft started the file and said it failed about 2 seconds after it started.

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Perhaps you can try what Diabolos suggested "" it's the easiest way "" ; I personally never had any problems with Xilisoft Audio Converter -- !

7. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i tried db power amp and i get a window poping up saying

"The CODEC required to compress 'file name' could not be opened."

8. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

does the fact that the aac has 5.1 audio (6 channels) have anything to do with the problems? i want to convert it down to a 2 channel mpeg audio

9. diabolos

diabolos Guest