1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know if the "ULTRA 4x4x12x DVD+RW DRIVE " is any good (its only $99)

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by raidrz510, Nov 11, 2003.

1. raidrz510

raidrz510 Member

Im looking into getting a dvd+r drive and this ULTRA one looks good (its only $99). Any suggestions, reccomendations??? thanks

2. raidrz510

raidrz510 Member

I read somewhere certain burners burn
    generics(dvd+rs)really good. Any suggestions which ones work good with em.
    -im not cheap just hella low on money for the moment- thanks for any responses

3. karatone

karatone Regular member

You may want to check the supported drives list for any software you plan to use to make sure the Ultra drive is listed,some of the off-brands drives may not be covered,leaving it useless for some applications. Keep in mind we're talking about a $35 difference for a Pioneer 106 ,the drive that has been mentioned all over this forum as being a solid drive. I haven't seen any mention of the Ultra drive,so what does this tell you? price can't always be the determining factor when buying gear.Good luck!

4. jed1224

jed1224 Member

I don't know anything about the Ultra drive you mentioned, but I do have an option. I purchased a reconditioned HP 300i DVD+RW 4x2.4x8 internal drive from eCost for $99 a couple of months ago and have been very pleased with it. I have burned perhaps 30 disks, both +R and +RW, of 5 different brands, and have not made a coaster yet. In fact I like it so much that I just ordered another one for my second computer, now at $82.95 US delivered.