1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone messed with longhorn

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Xsilver, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Xsilver

Xsilver Regular member

Has anyone had a look at the longhorn beta that was on the net. It seems like a good performer and a lot quicker than Windows XP. And has anyone developed any thing to add on or a unofficial update. Just interested

2. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I don't know if anyone even checks this thread... but I know someone who has it and it looks great...its build 5408. Anyone use it

3. marcus23

marcus23 Regular member

Longhorn is 64bit OS. It's faster only on CPUs with 64bit registers support. Also many applications still don't have 64bit support so we may stuck with good old XP for some time.

4. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

actually this version of longhorn i have is not 64 bit...there will be a 32 and 64 bit version actually

5. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

yea I tried LH and I gotta say Im not impressed. its just XP reskinned with more eyecandy and more fisherprice crap that noone will ever need or use. way to go MS! Scrap all the good features you promised to include in LH and replace em with more useless eyecandy crap. No wonder LH will suck up so much video resources and memory lol

Now Mac OS X if and when Apple ever decides to port it to x86 (yes Im aware of Apple's move to Intel to the x86 processor but that doesnt mean OS X will run on any processor , any hardware) and allow the OS to run on any x86 hardware is another matter. If that day ever comes , Im ditching Winblows err Winslows uhhh Windows XP all together and installing OS X :)