1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone seen any good movies lately?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Ag3ntNe0, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

Yeah.. I hope they don't mess up the new batman movie... I want batman to be some kool sylish guy. I hate the new kartoon series...

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I saw the new Batman movie two days ago, and I was blown away. Its was phenominal. By far the best of all. It had great writing, and a great cast. It wasn't one of those crappy movies (cough cough, Star Wars) where the entire movie rides solely on special effects. This movies has a terrfic blend of everything. It is a little over two hours long, yet does not drag at all. The pace is very well thought out. You get to see why batman becomes batman, and it makes a lot of sense. And for these types of movies that inevitably have sequels, this one is set up VERY nicely for its sequels to come, unlike some that have cheesy cliffhangers at the end. I give it a 9 out of 10. Go see it, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

3. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

I am right with djscoop, except for the hit at star wars. Batman Begins was one of the finest movies I've seen in a long time. Yes, toiletman, I have read the original DC comics. They don't stick to that version, the original with batman and his revolver (Bam, cold blooded), but this Batman definitely becomes a good, but still self-righteous one. I like that though, much more than the original. This is the best Batman movie yet. Seemed short only because it was so good. Katie something for a last name didn't really play a very big role at all. They did a nice job of explaining how he gets his equipment and all. Very good movie, I am going to it again. I love Batman, this puts Spiderman movies to shame, I didn't like those anyway. Finally a comic to movie that is truely great!

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Revenge of the Sith. After 26odd years i got so see how Darth Vader came to be..

5. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Sorry guys, I have not been here a while (Finishing school & wedding planning) but I did see a couple of rentals latey and one classic.

[bold]The Life Aquatic[/bold]- this was good not great. it was funny, slow to start, but not the calibur of the royal tannebaums

[bold]In Good Company[/bold]- this movie was good, but then the end just killed the whole movie. I really hate movies that are good, but the end was so bad that it kills the entire movie.

[bold]The Stepford Wives[/bold]- That movie was horrible from start to end

[bold]Monty Python and the Holy Grail[/bold]- A classic! I havent seen it in a while and the quality of movie out there right now is poor so I saw again. let me say the scene with the white rabbit is ten times more funny when you watch it frame by frame. you can see the wire the rabbit is shooting across and the scene looks just plain silly. btw, you can read the script here -> http://www.rit.edu/~smo4215/monty.htm

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yes monty python and the holy grail is truely a classic. I remember very vividly the first time I saw it...7th grade english class. lol

7. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

I just watched Hostage last night and thought it was a good movie. I also saw Assault on Precint 13 two weeks ago, it was alright but you pretty much know what's going to happen in the movie.

8. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Watched Sin City like 1 month ago and it was AMAZING !!. Can't wait for the rest of the Sin City movies to come out 2 has already been confirmed. :)

9. djscoop

djscoop Active member

didn't see Sin City, but I heard it was really good. I will have to get it when it comes out on dvd.

another few of my favorites are Tommy Boy and O Brother, Where Art Thou?

10. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Okay, I went and saw Star Wars 3 two days ago. Frankly put, I didn't like it.

Incredible special effects cannot save it from a bad plot. I liked the first and second one, how could I not like this one?! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST, "THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE CHOSEN ONE!" and yet... the plot made me cringe. So much cheesy and unnecessary dialogue, and plot holes that could not be filled with the Force. Oh well, maybe the Star War TV episodes shall be better.

I am watching Batman Begins soon, hopefully today. I know this one will be better than Star Wars 3. =D

11. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Good times,,,Harold and kumar,Eurotrip,not another teen movie,van wilder. I am thinking of watching War of the world. PRetty good.

12. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

OH and the person who said man on fire was good, The movie sucked sooooo bad. didn't even finished it.. Only movie that guy (dazle washington or whether his name is Was out of time.

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

you really think Man On Fire was bad , thats a great movie. but i guess if you think Whitecastle is good then our taste are just way to different. cause i thought it was horrible

14. wbfconst

wbfconst Regular member

Watched Hostage last night, not bad, my granddaughter age 4 liked Are we there yet. It's not for everyone.

15. Stitch221

Stitch221 Regular member

I just seen Madagascar. I guess its pretty funny but not as good as Shreck.

16. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Man on Fire was an excellent movie.

Others that I really liked, in the past year:

Road To Perdition, which I think was Tom Hanks's best movie, ever, only because of how he handled his roll as a hitman.

The Notebook, James Garner's finest role.

Pirates of the Caribbean. The second one is, or will be in production, soon.

Hidalgo

The Four Feathers

Ray

The Manchurian Candidate

17. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

The tom hanks movie that i liked was the terminal. Pirates of caribben was great i can't wait for second one.. Has anyone seen war of the world?

18. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Your right are we there yet is not for everyone.

19. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I was wondering whether you knew how to use the edit button.

20. evilh0ly

evilh0ly Regular member

i just can't wait for the release of fantastic 4 i think's it's next friday. the trailer was nice the movie is gonna be nice.