1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone seen any good movies lately?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Ag3ntNe0, Apr 19, 2005.

1. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

the 3rd wasnt funny..the best scary movie was scary movie 1. Oh and garmoon
    i think it was 1933...meh doesnt matter i love that King Kong, just before the new one came out, all of them played on TV, the '71 one was aight....but nothing beats the original.

=pepsimaxx=

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

if you all want to see a dud film, then basic instinct2 is the one for you.Poor acting and lack of story lines as well as to many scenes have been cut out.The original was awesome but this ones a tacky slipshod affair.On a scale of 1 to 10, it doesnt even get anything

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3dluis, reduce your sig size to forum rules specs

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

solargame, reduce your sig size to conform to forum rules as your sig reads about 145k when supposed to be 50k.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@pepsimaxx

You are correct 1933 RKO pictures. That's even more incredible. Talkies had just come out a few years before. It always got my attention as a kid. We did get to see all the old movies back then.

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Yep. the original King Kong is [bold]way[/bold] better than the latest offering, none of the extraneous guff that is prevalent in todays films. To quote a line form The Holy Grail, "get on with it!"

I love the old Flash Gordon with Larry Buster Crabbe, marvellous models & special effects. Emporer Ming was brill!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  7. 3dluis

3dluis Regular member

It's been reduced now :)

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Ya Pulsar Flash Gordon ruled Sat AM movies. I think there is a box set out.

9. LastMastr

LastMastr Regular member

The movie Take the Lead was really good..but you have to like movies to like this one. Another film that i hear is really good is Lucky Number Sleven....supposedly its good. Iam going to see it on Friday hopefully.

10. iownaps2

iownaps2 Member

I SAW FINAL DESTINASION 3 IT WAS GOOD BUT IT COLDVE BEEN BETTER,OH AND IF U WANT A GOOD COMEDY U SULD TRY BIG MOMAS HOUSE 2 IT WAS REALLY FUNNY

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

iownaps2, please do not type in caps, it is against forum rules, considered shouting & therefore rude....

12. murph82

murph82 Guest

watched scary movie 4 the other day was ok lol just like the rest of them

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

[bold] HOSTLE [/bold] kickd butt!!! good movie

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Hostel was good. Tarantino is deranged. I bet sleep overs at his house were fun as a kid. LMAO

15. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

Hostel was ok, but I expected more of it.
    For a Tarantino movie that is.

16. iownaps2

iownaps2 Member

pulser srry man mybad

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  17. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Ive seen a few movies latley and here are my ratings.

1.Shooting Gallery 7.5/10(This movie was great i enjoyed the pool and all the trick shots and enjoyed watchin Ving Rhames and Freddie Prince Jnr go at it as the main actors.)

2.Billy Conlley Live in New York 8/10(Billy at his funny best good for a laugh)

3.The Cave 6/10(To Me this was live any other average horror thriller movie even the vreatures could have been better. The only thing that i really got into was the ending.)

4.Pretty Presusion 1/10 (Very Bad even for teens to watch. Was your typical female vs female fight over a boy.

Im goin to watch The Lion Witch and the Wardrobe tonight soo ill let u know what i think....

18. forkndave

forkndave Member

Just saw United 93. I considered it an uplifting movie as it showed what ordinary people can do in a very desperate situation. I only noticed one mistake in the movie, technically speaking. They showed an external view of the airplane in flight once and it appeared to be an Airbus since it had the sort of winglets that Airbus uses. 757s do not have winglets. When all this occurred I worked for an airline and worked on 757s every night. Every time I was in one alone at night visions of these events used to flash through my mind. This was disturbing, but I finally got over it. Ironically, if they had gotten into the cockpit in time their plan would have worked since the 757 has auto land. They could have been very easily talked down.

Dave

19. samguan

samguan Guest

Scary Movie 4, so funny!! love it!!

20. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Ok well I finished watching The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe.

I gotta say it was one of the best movies i have seen since the Harry Potter Series started a few years back.

It was full of magic mystic and mystery and an innocence I have not see nfor a long time. I do recommend it to any parent that wants to show their children a good clean film with no adult themes, well minus near the beginging and how the girl follows a stranger that is a no no but its part and parcel of the story.

I give it 10/10