1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone try new Memorex Dual-X ?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by BigEast, Aug 26, 2003.

1. BigEast

BigEast Member

Ok so now I have 4 Choices for dual format - Sony, Tdk, Pioneer, and the new Memorex.
    Ive already searched and read about all the 1st three - now I just want to know about the Memorex.
    Thanks in Advance.

East

2. Tosca

Tosca Guest

multi format blows. The Sony 500ax and the PioneerA06 could be twins. They suck big time.

Get a pioneer 105 or a single format drive instead.

3. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

um actually they do not suck, you see there is a never ending format war going on one format might work w/ ur dvd burner and the other one might not as per y u think that they suck is beyond me becuase for about $200 american you get -/+ and all the same speed with standalone formats.

4. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

I just bought one last week and it's working great for me so far, burns fast with no errors.
    But then again I've only backed up my data and one movie.One thing I've noticed is it's so new it hasn't been added to supported drives with some burning software. Here's one link where it's compared to other dvd burners.You can also use the bundled software to backup your dvds by ripping with Shrink or your fav then open Creator Classic drag your video_ts and audio_ts folders to the window then select create iso. After the iso's created then close out classic and open up the DVD builder and burn from the iso. Took me a whole 45 min to build the iso and burn to dvd rw+ as a test at 2.5x speed.

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,111650,00.asp