1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyway to fix xbox error 7???No modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Vitriolic, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

I have a non-modded xbox and recently I started getting Xbox error 7 codes saying that my xbox needs service. What can I do to ressurect my box? All I did was play halo 2. Sometimes that maps wouldn't load and things like that??

2. steimy

steimy Active member

- kernel - HDD timeout

Most of the times, the IDE cable is not properly connected when you see this error. Please reattach the ide cable. Not only to the harddisk drive but also to the dvd drive. ALso try to reconnect the ide cable to the motherboard.

Press pretty hard so it goes all the way in. Make sure it is seated straight and proper in the drives and the motherboard. If you still have an error 7. Try another ide cable. If that won't work try another harddisk. If there is still no go, try to set the jumpers on the rearside of the harddisk drive. Set it to master or cable select. If still no succes, then your SOL!