1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyway to loosen the 4 screws on the bottom?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by GuyInAHat, Sep 16, 2008.

1. GuyInAHat

GuyInAHat Member

I have a game bit, and these screws just wont come undone. I know the gamebit is fine cause I tried it on the Super Nintendo and it took out some screws successfully (4.5 mm). But so far one screw has come slightly up and the other ones haven't budged. Can I loosen them some other way? I've tried the BIC thing a lot too, no luck.

2. CopperKid

CopperKid Regular member

Sounds like you might have stripped the heads of the screws if the gamebit isn't doing the trick. Can you look in the hole and tell?

3. GuyInAHat

GuyInAHat Member

What do you mean by stripped the heads? The screw doesn't look any different than normal, it is just really tight. On the SNES that I tried, when I said some, the ones that didn't were simply too tight.

EDIT: I don't think my freakin game bit works anymore because the screws that I could take out aren't moving anymore.

EDIT2: Well, I opened it, tweaked pot, works fine. I literally pressed down on the screw with the maximum amount of force and minimum amount of screw driver movement with my automatic screwdriver.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  4. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Don't use automatic screwdrivers for things like this. Always use manual. It's more of a strain but it'll never destroy the screw or screwdriver.

5. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

Power drill, tiny bit, unplug, be careful.

6. GuyInAHat

GuyInAHat Member

I forgot to update this topic, but I returned that Gamecube, got another black one, and the screws came out very easily. I guess it is just Platinum GCs that have them in super tight.

7. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Crap, I have a Platinum.

8. GuyInAHat

GuyInAHat Member

The reason I say platinum GCs (plural) is because I have had the same problem on 2/2 platinum GCs.

9. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Yea, the one I have is a Platinum with Pokemon skins on it. It looks pretty cool, I should upload photos of it.
    All for $20 at Gamestop :)