1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyway way I can split a movie file in halve?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by theadder, Jan 10, 2004.

1. theadder

theadder Member

I wanna get 100% quality using Pinnacle and the only way I can really do this is to cut movies in halve and put them on two discs... Is there an easy way to save a movie as two separate files?

2. devil60

devil60 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2004
  3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

theadder,

I don't know if you are aware of it but there is never a reason to split a DVD-5 (< 4.37GB) and by compressing a DVD-9 (>4.37GB) down to put on a single DVD - any loss of picture quality isn't noticeable to the human eye. No audio is effected what-so-ever and video loss can only be measured by mathematical equation or in a lab.

If you have other reasons, may I suggest DVDFab. It will backup your DVD-5, 1:1 and will split your DVD-9 without any difficulty.

The difference between DVDFab and DVD XCopy is that the 321 Studio's products don't play well with others during recess and DVDFab gets along with all the other kids in the yard - in other words, less software issues on your system -

and yes, lest I forget,

Welcome to the DVD Backup Neighborhood,

We love to have new people join us,

Pete

4. mfurj

mfurj Member

You can also use DVD Shrink to split a DVD-9. Using you start and end points, pick a chapter to split your movie. For example, on disc 1 you rip and burn chapters 1-12, on disc 2 you rip and burn 13-28.