1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple TV remote

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Darcy879, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Darcy879

Darcy879 Newbie

Hi I've just got a new wireless network and my Apple TV is not connected to it, error message when I go to tv channel for Apple TV. Error telling me to go to settings etc and connect which is fine. Issue is I have no physical remote and I had the remote app downloaded but it is not connecting to Apple TV, keeps prompting for. Home sharing which I have/had already activated but won't allow me to interact with Apple TV .. How do I get Apple TV connected to new network and get remote working??

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you checked the apple site's faq about that? does the apple manual show that your router is compatible with the tv?

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i cant figure out exactly how to do it as im tired.I do recall having similar issues with my tv and somewhere in home networks setting or home group setting you have to find the device and enabled it.

could try going networks settings and add a device in your case apple tv make sure its turned on your computer should detect it and click enabled and it will work.