1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are all burners created equally

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by count, May 13, 2003.

1. count

count Guest

I have never had success burning an svcd movie using Nero. I ignore the settings error message and burn the disk, but when I play it in my DVD player, it is just blocks and fragments. My DVD player has no problem playing svcd. I even slowed the burn speed to 24x. Any suggestions.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

the recommend burning speed for svcd stands at 4x!

3. count

count Guest

Okay, I tried to adjust the speed to 4x, but the template only goes as low as 24x for svcd. How do I make it even lower? By the way thanks for replying so quickly Dela.

4. count

count Guest

Will my 700mhz celeron processor with 384mhz RAM be able to handle the svcd burning process? I am really struggling. This morning I tried set the burn speed at 4x and nero 5.5.9 would not let me. Should I go into File/preferrences or should I use the regular burn menu? Thanks for letting me know that it isn't my burner.

5. Dela

I dont know why it wouldnt let you but that sucks!! hmmmmmmmmm im kinda lost on this one too! try burning with VCDEasy or something!

6. count

count Guest

I figured it out. I need to purchase the mpeg2 plugin for nero. Is there any freeware which will accomodate the same purpose? Can I supplement nero with a freeware which will accomplish the same tasks as the plugin?

7. Dela

8. count

count Guest

Okay, fair enough. Thanks for helping me. I have an idea. Do you know of any free burning software which will burn svcd?

9. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

you can just get a cracked version of the plugin but that would be illegal. muahahahaha

10. Dela

VCDEasy will burn SVCD and its free!

11. count

count Guest

I actually have a copy of VCD easy, but I have never used it. I will look into it. As for the cracked version, I have one and it did not work. Thanks for the tips. I will probably need help with VCD easy once I get started.

12. Dela

Well If I can help I will!

13. count

count Guest

Okay, I have temporarily given up on VCD easy. I am now using tmpgenc to try and encode movies before burning on nero. When I choose a file and pick "overwrite", I cannot. I get an error message which states I need to install DVD playback software. I have a copy of Windvd, is it not DVD playback software? I do not have a dvd player on my computer. Should I be trying a different option to encode instead of overwrite?

14. c.t.p

c.t.p Member

check out clone ad website. i use clad dvd xp then tmpgenc then vcd easy. seems to copy most dvd's. all instructions are on site for the programs. just follow the instructions carefully!

15. count

count Guest

Okay, what if I am not starting with a DVD? I am starting with rar files, which I convert to bin and cue files. Then I use VCD Gear to convert rar to mpg files. Can I use the mpg files from VCD Gear to create svcds on Nero? Or does VCD Gear only create mpeg1 files?

16. c.t.p

c.t.p Member

i have never used vcd gear but vcd easy converts most mpeg1 and mpeg2 files to vcd or svcd. the only thing i use these programs for is converting dvd to mpeg1 then over to vcd, these programs work every time for me