1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Aritas Shit?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by SabreLord, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Fozzee_UK

Fozzee_UK Guest

There are differences between the Pacific 1002W and the 1002.

For a start the onscreen zoom display problem is now gone with 1002W (where the "2x" stays on screen)
    And the 1002W plays DVD+R better.
    Some 1002's don't play DVD+R.

Cheers

Fozzee

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Is it not more likely that some of the DVD+R discs are playable in 1002's, rather than selected 1002's not playing DVD+R discs. IE: its a disc problem rather than a player problem...

3. Fozzee_UK

Fozzee_UK Guest

OK I'll rephrase the 1002's that i bought didn't play DVD+R but the 1002W did play DVD+R.
    It WAS a player problem!!
    I used Ritek G04 in both.

Fozzee

4. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

I thought the 1002 and 1002w were different. If you read many of the DVD review sites they rate the 1002w considerably more than the 1002.

It seems that Pacific improved the 1002 and made it more compatible.

5. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

I purchased 100 4x +r Pink top Aritas from Meritline and the worked great. no errors on any disc. I have recently upgraded my drive and now have 2 pioneer a07. and I am burning only -r RITEK label media.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]2 PIONEER A07 / 107 8x ±
    2 TDK 440n 4x ±
    RITEK RULES !!!!
    Best way to backup that movie
    1 DVD Decrypter
    2 DVD2one
    3 Nero 6.3[/small]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Have you run out of the +R Aritas, which are of course Ritek Branded media also.

7. picknup

picknup Member

Got 100 Arita DVD-R's on a spool. 30 something cents after rebate from Office Max. Burned a bunch of them on a Sony DRU510A. Every one of them a perfect burn. They play flawlessly on my Sony and Artec players.

8. 454CASULL

454CASULL Guest

Recently bought a 100 pak of pink top aritas from Officemax. The top one was bad (will be used for target practice) but not one problem since in the 20 or so I've used. Am running Dell 2400 with NEC1100 burner and using DVDXCOPY Platinum.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Wheres my stella gone...

10. mercenary

mercenary Guest

i bought 100 in a spindle (cracked) from officemax in usa for 39.99 u.s.pink top 4x +r's only problems were not being able to get any more at that price and 4 coasters caused by trying various backup methods on a css disk.

11. SGDVD

SGDVD Guest

don't buy in spindles if you are worried about quality even verbatim in spindle pack are shit.

buy in jewel cases.
    simple.

12. brian100

brian100 Guest

I have just found Arita G03 @ 39.5p each, supplied in spindles of 25. Does that sound like a bargain? It does to me.

Should i buy?

13. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

25 Spindles are generally ok. Its when you get more than that or if you buy 50-100 in bulk shrink wrap that you get problems. However, its worth to note that some manufacturers re-spindle discs into their own spindles and seal them. So discs that have been transported round the world as a shrink wrap of 100, can find their way into splindles of 25. Traxdata are in spindles of 10 and should never have a problem.

Also, RiData and RiDisc usually come in tubs of 25:
    http://www.digitalpromo.co.uk/x862.html

14. SGDVD

SGDVD Guest

all spindles of 25 iv'e used are shit, it's not worth saving a couple of quid, as you'll be loosing out in the long run. you may be getting perfect burns and playing fine now, but lets see in about 3-6 months when half your discs wont play properly. yeah great saving!

then again it's your call.

zero defex ritek g03 in 25 spindle crap from the start.
    datasafe classic tdk dye 25 some wouldn't even burn.
    verbatim 25 spindle cmc dye crap after a few months.

get jewel cased verbatim with mcc dye (online £1 each)
    or tdk dvd cased (online £1.50 each, even tesco sell these £10 for 5, bargain for shop).

15. brian100

brian100 Guest

SGVD

gees man youve had a right run around. Ive been using silver top ritek g03 for over a year now. very reliable, but they arent available anymore. I am going to hold back on the 25 spindles & try & get shrink wrapped 100's in future.

Thanks for your advice

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Shrink wrap are worse than Spindles. In fact the problems with the spindles are probably because they have been re-spindle by distributor from shrink wrap...

17. brian100

brian100 Guest

Oriphus

I ordered a pioneer 107 today...what the heck..may as well join the 4X speed bandwagon. Ordered Ritek branded from svp. Ive read posts on this forum that it's possible to burn @6 speed with certain media? But it looks like i will have to flash it. Any pointers would be helpful on this subject.

many thanks in advance.

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Sure, you can flash it directly from the download section of the site in my signature. It will enable you to burn 4x media at 6x for about 1min, then it kicks into 8x burning.

19. brian100

brian100 Guest

Oriphus

many thanks for the info...downloaded everything..read the instructions..(excitement raising here!!)..fitted the 107..DEAD ON ARRIVAL what a pain..oh well..lets hope the replacement works.

PS these branded Ritek 4X disks look the business.

20. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Have gone thru quite a few G03's, Three Verbatim branded (plain hub)50 pack spindles (bought locally) and four matte silver, Ridata shrunk 50 pack pancakes (Ridata on hub) from Meritline. Only had 2 coasters (from the bottom). They work great and play in everything I've thrown them at, JVC, Sampo, Pioneer, Daewoo standalones. The read out in Nero CD/DVD speed is great (as it is with the G04's). A friend with a Pionneer 105 has also had great results with the G03's.

G03's:

[​IMG]

G04's:

[​IMG]

Except for the speed thay seem to work equally well for me. My friend just picked up a Pioneer 107, after flashing the firmware he can burn the G04's (RIDATA shrunk, RIDATA in hub) at 8X.

Meritline currently is offering 100 packs of G03's for $69 delivered. I'm going to have to try some at that price.