1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are budget boxes going to kill the scene

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tongs007, Mar 29, 2013.

1. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

start making new boxes, which will fit these new cards without having to remove the gold plate? is that an option?

2. andy111111

andy111111 Member

Sorry this is out of place but is the DM500c gone from CS as I got one and cant get it CS?
    I also have a Dm500s and works perfect with all channels.
    Has anyone here a cable receiver that actually works through CS?
    Any help appreciated.

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

thats what I thought make the slots bigger or a card adapter

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

you will need a share and they are like rocking horse sh&t

5. menace404

menace404 Member

Again, I think the way around this is that when the new card arrives in the post, it MUST be put into a sly box for activation/pairing. If it attempted to be removed from the slot/sleeve in the sly box it gets damaged and unusable.

6. andy111111

andy111111 Member

I know there not the best boxes but this box isn't for me its for a mates.
    My box the dm500s works away Csharing but I cant get the Dm500c to Cshare at all.
    Im thinking of upgrading to the vu+solo2 as iv seen these boxes working and are great but
    like I said the dm500c is for a budget price mate.
    So any help with these boxes like a Csharier that supports cable tv like upc, best image and software for these boxes etc..

7. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

you need a cable share not a sat share like you have on dm500s
    oh and i wasnt saying the box is sh&t i was saying finding a cable share is like rocking horse sh*t/hens teeth/RARE

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  8. andy111111

andy111111 Member

I know sly has to do something about the Csharing but I cant see them bring in any gold plate cards as there making enough profit the way they are. If they do bring in something then eventually someone somewhere will always find away to crack there system or people will start slowly moving to a different and cheaper provider.
    As long as the internet is around Ha.. and a decoder that needs a card to run the software is around then I cant see why sly will bring in a gold plated card.
    They should just bring in a box hooked up to broadband with serial number for direct to your sub at home with all software built in with the slight bit of tampering will set the box off!!

9. andy111111

andy111111 Member

oh ok, ya I cant seem to find a cable Cshare but why are these boxes still for sale.
    I sent a email to my current supplier and he don't support cable. those any1 know of any they can pm me with? Please :)

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Anyone who has a cable share are doing it the right way, underground, its when its out in the open then it goes tits up, I wouldnt blame them to be honest keeping it schtum

11. andy111111

andy111111 Member

Well if anyone knows of any cable servers that will give a sub please pm me as i'd like to see the box up and running other then sitting in the shed.

12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Any luck Andy?

13. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

ya andy,, and if you no anyone with the lotto numbers for the weekend will you let us no m8.. cheers

14. andy111111

andy111111 Member

Unfortunately not Mickah.
    No harm the dm500 are a great little starter box as my dm500s is working great with All the channels and ppv channels of the wkend.
    Im surprised they sold me the dm500c box known as finding a card server for it would be like trying to find the guy who has next week lotto numbers ha..
    But il keep the faith as someone must know someone that can help??

So again il put it out there if anyone knows where I can get a server that dose upc kable pm me ;)

15. apd06

apd06 Regular member

My current sea lion supplier has mentioned they will have a vermin share in the event 28.2e going tits up they are about if you look hard enough.

16. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Will you be refunding your 5000 "punters" any out standing pennies if you can not get it back on?

17. darn24p

darn24p Regular member

hi all I don't no what to make of all this but I got this email from 1 of the servers I use so up to u if u want to believe or not. I myself am going to sit back and wait see what happens or next few months. anyway here is the email

GOOD EVENING ALL HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL
    OK let me get to what i have to say as most of you may of heard or seen on other sites about card sharing ending as there has been some reports that people updating there cards for new entitlements and when updated they put the card in there oscam server and it no longer reads / works so i thought i test this with 3 of my cards 3 different ways one way was i put it in the main s** box that has reports has done updates on these cards that no longer work but done this on my card updated fine well into the 6th month and works fine in the card server so then i tested the next card in the newest s** box that also has reports after card updates in there no longer works but that also updated its entitlements fine and put back in card server reads fine and the 3rd card left in oscam server that updated this-morning and also works fine so i am unsure why or what is happening to the people that say there cards no longer work ( OR I MUST JUST BE LUCKY ) but if s** are up to something then what i am aware it will only be ( HD CHANNELS ) that will be affected so time will tell, ( ALSO THIS PART IS IMPORTANT FROM THE TIME I POST THIS YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO PURCHASE 6 OR 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION ) ( WE WILL ONLY BE OFFERING 1 AND 3 MONTH SUBSCRIPTIONS ) ( sorry to those who wanted to get a longer sub and cheap price ) but we are doing this for the safety and interest of our clients and until we all know whats going on as there\'s no solid EVIDENCE of the reports of cards not working and as iv said iv tested it myself and mine work fine THAT\'S ALL FOR NOW GUYS AND GIRLS AND SORRY FOR THE LONG S.A LOL ANY QUESTIONS DON\'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME THANKS

oh as for the vermin share a few of the sly servers have had them a while but like ppl say its staying under ground best place for it if u ask me

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  18. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

darn, just waiting on my entitlements to update. Granted they are still 6 weeks the right side of things at the moment so we'll leave it go a little while longer

19. cactikid

cactikid Active member

reading elsewhere cards and readers burning out more than usual due to overheating and that was with their boxes,enjoy it while you can.

20. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

cactikid, don't be silly. cards are not burning out. what a crazy suggestion. entitlements the issue