1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are lcd monitors naturally progessive scan?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by not10char, Dec 15, 2007.

1. not10char

not10char Member

Are lcd monitors naturally progessive scan? I need to know this as I plan to connect a PS3 to an lcd monitor that supports up to 1980x1080 but am not sure if the PS3 can use the 720p resolution on said monitor since I have no idea if it supports progressive scan.

Also, what exact benefits would hdmi have when say for example, a PS3 is connected to a monitor to it. I heard hdmi makes a world of difference but have no idea what it does. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm new at afterdawn so I hope I placed this thread in the right location.

2. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

Are you using component cables currently?

3. not10char

not10char Member

Actually, I'm looking for information for a friend who recently bought a PS3. Currently he's connecting the PS3 to a regular sd television via composite cables (I think that's what they're called. The red, white and yellow AV cables). I told him to buy an hdtv, but to save cost, I thought an lcd monitor would do just as well.

4. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

I am pretty sure they are, and yes it would make a huge difference seeing they are using composite.

5. whyudie

whyudie Member

Yes..LCD monitor can support 720p to 1080p. I use Samsung LCD monitor that support HDCP. And connect to PS3 with HDMI to DVI Converter. And that LCD can handle 720p/1080p.