1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are new Xbox games harder to backup?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tankpower, Mar 26, 2005.

1. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

I know that some new PS2 games cannot be backed up (i.e. GT4, God of War), at least so far.

I'm new to the Xbox scene; is it the same with these games? I have/will have games like DOA:U, Jade Empire, SC:CT, Forza, etc.. and I'm wondering if they have impediments to copying, like dual-layers or disc checks or whatever.

I like the idea of using a large HD to eliminate load times and play emulators/movies/etc, but I want to make sure the horizon is bright for burning. Capiche?

2. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

To answer your question-No its not difficult to backup the games-You just have more steps involved than the PS-2. If you install a large H/D which are dirt cheap nowindays your good to go.

3. deadlois

deadlois Member

I have had a modded xbox for a couple years, and once you figure out how to set it up it is real easy, you can either copy games to the xbox hdd or to your pc hdd to burn into a backup, providing you have a couple programs.

4. joschez

joschez Regular member

I tried backing up a game last night and the xbox will not read it. any suggestions? I was using Qwix to make the ISO Image.

5. vixen76

vixen76 Member

I use Craxtion 4 to make the ISO and then DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO.. It has been working really well for me so far.. Hope this helps

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

both craxtion4 and quix are great programs for making the xISO files. Also for burning dvd decrypter and alcohol 120% are two of the easiest programs for burning as well.

What game did you have a problem with,it might have been one that needed patching.....or the wrong format for your xbox,which could be solved sometimes by changing the region settings in you main dash.

7. robj82

robj82 Guest

I haven't found it hard to back up games to my hardrive yet with my 2 most recent games KOTOR2 there is an error early in the game that can only be solved by putting the original disk in then on it is fine from the hard drive amd also with Tiger Woods 2005 it was working fine for about two weeks and then one day i turned on my xbox loaded the game and all my saved data for the game was gone i had to start from scratch. Has anyone else had these problems? does anyone know how to fix them? I have the X3 chip with X3 Bios running evox

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

The kotor2 issue is a tricky one,sometimes fixes work...sometimes they don't. The best way is still the original disk at that one spot. As far as gamesaves,I would say get the xbox gamesaves manager and backup your gamesave every now and then onto your pc. Then if you lose them just transfer the backed up save back to your xbox.

9. joschez

joschez Regular member

I finally backed up my first couple games this week. The only problem I have is backing up True Crime. My xbox will not load it, I did patch the default.xbe file just like my other games. Please Help.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005