1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are pirates cleverer than high paid multi/nat anoraks?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hectar, Nov 19, 2003.

1. hectar

hectar Guest

The reason I ask is ...well...hypothetically me yo, or anyone can back up a DVD which yo bought for well back up purposes I suppose. But lookey here, as bought a pirate DVD at a market stall (now befores y'all deride me, let him who is withjout ownership of a pirate CD etc...forever hold ya peace (or is that piece) anyways, as got three movies on one DVD an as a bought it for cash dollar, I aim to back it up. Hells a poppin ifn I cant...the crafty mongrel dawgs have built some kinda protecshun inna doggone thang and all manner of proggys cant a crack it...there's a moral there as rekun!

Ol Hectar

2. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

What?

3. hectar

hectar Guest

Sorry, aimin to back up muti-movie disk. Latest version of dvd decrypter dus well until it gits to a cerain point thens a git cyclic errors whatever that is - but the original disk plays fine on all standalones and my laptop???

Other rippin tools refer to dis error too?
    Any ideas?
    Ol H

4. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Ummmm......I don't understand ebonics!! If you'd speak straight english maybe somebody can help you with your problems.

cheezzzz_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    2X512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    DXCPlatinum 3.20
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    Dvd2one/Nero 551054[/small]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003
  5. hectar

hectar Guest

Sho thaang chezzzzz,

"I/O Error [Device 1:0:0] SONY DVD RW DW U50A 1.5d (f:)
    SCSI STATUS 0x02
    Interpretation: check condition
    CDB: 28 00 000A 07 50 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation : Read (10)- Sector 657232

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 0A 07 50 12 00 00 00 00 11 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 8A 03 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: L-EC Uncorrectable area

HTH

(ah ain't actually speaking - as writin )

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2003
  6. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Have you tried disabling error detection in DVD Decrypter's options?

If the disc is a pirate copy purchased for one dollar (my best interpretation of the original post is that it cost US$1, but this could just be a statement of the currency used (as in not Bhat, Dinars, or Pounds Stirling)), it is probably on the cheapest media known to mankind, meaning that ripping could be virtually impossible.

Considering the price of the original copy and the price of a blank DVD-R, I would suggest that you buy a second copy as a back up.

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Have you tried to just copy the complete disc to your HD......if so try and if there is ANY issue with the media/data you will notice the transfer speed to reduce to 0.0x.....

If this is a backup already then there should not be any need to rip it as the encryption key (css) that dvd decrypter was designed for is no longer present..

Therefore ALL you have on the dvd is just data....and if you cannot just copy it to the HD (under windows drag and drop) then I would suggest it is crappy media......

8. hectar

hectar Guest

Good call Baabaa, Thinking like to play ball with the dvd software I got I over engineered da whole mthing trying to get this and that to decrypt etc. Lesson learnt the disk was already cracked.
    I tried to copy to hard drive using xp only. My point is ah think da author od this disk has somehow writen somethin onta da disk to prevent copying. Cheeky devil!

9. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Oh man, I just love the way this guy talks...lmao!!

cheezzzz

10. hectar

hectar Guest

Naaaaaa cant geet the varmit ta read without errors wid any software. Excusey the lack of knowledge but if it dont read thru normal channels cant a just a create some kinda ISO image?
    Ol Hectar - an a geetin older by trhe day

11. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

It says something of their personal character doesn't it? Hehe it's so much simpler when one enforces a policy of "If I can't understand what you are trying to say within two seconds of reading it, I'm not going to bother trying" hehe

It's one thing to talk like that and it's a completely different thing to translate that over into text._X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2003
  12. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

A cyclic error means there is something wrong with the data on the disc. Ive had this happen a few times, the dvd works, but you get cyclic errors when you try to copy it. It is not some new protection thing.

13. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Sometimes it is but usually just a cause of burning too fast.

14. hectar

hectar Guest

I tried to read the disk with smart ripper too. Again it failed but intgerestingly gave me a new piece of info: " Vob _4 locked. Try unlocking with a player." OK this is gonna sound stoopid I knows but what does that mean?
    The disk always gits nto 52% or thereaways and dun fails (with all the software I have tried.

PS> As cant a help the ways I talk - I'm from the deep south - near Tunbridge Wells....Alabama

Would it help ifn I cutted and pasted sum kinda log and if so which software to use to git the detail. All my dvds which have mo than one film on dem dont copy and the media is different too: datasafe, ritek, arita etc.

Y'all, as determined as a damn buildin beaver down at spooky creek to git this problem a sorted and I appreciates yo input I dus

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2003
  15. Minion

Minion Senior member

Some High end DVD authoring Program have the Option to add Encryption to Authored DVD"s like "Sonic Scenerest" but I think your problem is that there are just errors in one or more of the Vob files....You should try extracting the Files off the DVD useing something like "DVD X Rescue" or "Bad Copy Pro" which are made for extracting damaged DVD/CD"s...Or try just dragging the Video_TS Folder off of the DVD to your DeskTop and then Just burn the folder to Disk with nero....

16. hectar

hectar Guest

Jeepers Minion, yo a geenyus! Dat bad copy pro is sum chit and was just like superb. My thanks to you.