1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any DVD-R Double-Layer Burners

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rebbie, Dec 1, 2004.

1. rebbie

rebbie Member

Hi all! I've had great success burning DVD-R 4.7 gig backup DVDs, but my DVD players won't play back DVD+R disks. I'd like to be able to burn double-layer disks in the DVD-R format. Are any such burners avaialable now, or does any company plan to produce some in the future? Thanks!

2. paddyc

paddyc Guest

pioneer 108

try svp.co.uk for more info as i just bought on thanks.

paddy

3. rebbie

rebbie Member

Hi, Paddy--Thanks for the reply. But that site doesn't mention any info suggesting that the drive burns double-layer DVD-R disks. Pioneer's website doesn't even list this drive. Can you provide any other info on the drive (is it possible that the model number is for Europe only? I'm in the U.S.). Have you burned any double-layer DVD-R disks with the drive? Thanks a lot!

4. billmex

billmex Guest

I read somewhere that pioneer is about to release a ao9/109 model that burns both -+ dvd rs, i would ck with pioneer

5. KungFuPro

KungFuPro Guest

Double layer burner are out for a couple month now. go to newegg and search for DVD DL Burner

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The question should be is there any DL DVD-R media yet? The answer would be No, but it is comming soon. DVD-R is perfecting it now. There will be writers in this format as soon as they develope the media.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  7. basquel

basquel Member

Since you are interested in a DVD Double Layer Burner, I thought that I'd pass this info on.

PCConnection (no relationship) is offering a NEC DVD Double Layer Burner + 50 DVDs for $49.95! The NEC is ND-3500A.

The deal is there is a $50 rebate on the drive and the full price of the DVDs is also rebated. I found it in their catalog and spent three days getting it straightened out. Just in case the NEC #5430000 & disks are #5521340.

It took two days by ground mail to receive them!