1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any solderless mods for Version 1.6?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by foozool13, Jul 15, 2004.

1. foozool13

foozool13 Member

can anyone tell me if there are any mod chips that are solderless for 1.6 versions?

2. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

3. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

There wont be yet as it is relatively new, there might be one in the future but i wouldnt count on it.

4. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

no...... they took the power connectors out of the lpc terminal on the xbox mother board so you have to solder for power. it doesnt seem very hard though, there are alot of tutorials out there depending on the modchip u use

5. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

There's only two chips right now for the v1.6's. The Xenium ICE and the SmartXX v2, and only one BIOS for it, then m8_16.bin file. Because of the new LPC layout, I don't think there'll be anymore solderless adaptors, thank god.

6. c0ld

c0ld Guest

yes the xenium ice would be the best choice

7. sakhi

sakhi Guest

i am using xbox v 1.6 and xenium s solderless adapter. not xenium ice., but when i flashed it with m_16 bios, it is working.. but the copied games are not running.. can any one tell me what is the problem

8. c0ld

c0ld Guest

you haft to rebuild the lpc port

9. sakhi

sakhi Guest

how i can rebuilt, can u explain me in detain pleae

10. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

There is a way to install an xecuter2.3 on a 1.6 using the controller port as stable power. However theyve had problems when the chip is switched off with fragging. There is a post regarding this on x-b-o-x.net forums
    the xenium ice install (inc lpt rebuild)you can find here.
    http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/~xbox/xbox-scene/tutorials/V1.6_Install_Manual.pdf
    Alternativly if you dont atually HAVE an xbox yet, you can get a refurb from somewhere like gamestop etc, very unlikely indeed that it will be a 1.6
    or wait a few more weeks or so, see what other options are avaialable for the 1.6, Im sure team xecuter and the rest are hard at work on it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ignorance isn't bliss.....It's just costly![/small]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2004