1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are These All I Need?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by djlen, Feb 11, 2005.

1. djlen

djlen Regular member

If I use '1Click DVD Copy' and download the encryptor that they recommend ( 'DVD43' ) , is that all I need to make copies of my movies to DVD?
    Based on what the 1Click video says I think it is.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

Len

2. Tommo1

Tommo1 Member

Hi. Have never used '1 Click', but will check it out. Try DVD Decryter for 'ripping' original, then Nero or Clone DVD for burning.

3. Tommo1

Tommo1 Member

Sorry DVD DecryPter (obviously!)

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

djlen--
    You can also burn with DVD Decrypter--I did use "1 Click DVD Copy" with DVD-43 running in the background and yes, it does work fine--I just found it easier (and completely free) to use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter--plenty of help in here if you need it. Have fun

Whitfield

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

djlen--
    If you decide to go the "1 Click DVD Copy" route with the DVD43 dont forget to get the Patin-Couffin Layer (enables DVD43 to work I think)--it is available here also free--

6. djlen

djlen Regular member

Thanks a lot for the replies guys.
    You guys are the experts, but according to the guys who 'test drove' and rated 1Click DVD Copy, DVD43 should work without any further downloads.
    If you think I need the Patin-Couffin Access Layer V19 I will download it though. I just don't want to add extra stuff if it's not necessary.
    Any more input would be appreciated.

Len

7. djlen

djlen Regular member

Now I'm reading that DVD43 isn't free at all. After 30 days they want you to register it for a fee.
    Anyone know if this is true or not?
    I liked the 1Click/DVD43 combination idea because of it's simplicity. Looked really easy to use. But if there is a better way to go I'm all ears.
    BTW, I already have Nero Ultra on my computer.
    Any alternative way I can do this?
    Comments?

Len

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  8. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

djlen--

Well, thats great--try it without the layer --I know what you mean (I like to keep a "clean" system myself)I am curious if the "1 Click" software can rip and encode the new "ArrOS" encryption they are putting on the new releases--Only DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD have updated their software that I know of--Lots of folks having trouble with it and coming here for advice--Have Fun

Whit

9. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

djlen--
    I posted before I saw your last message--You can get DVD 43 for free right here--under the software tab--DVD Tools I think

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The easiest method by far for backing up your DVD's is using AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 together. AnyDVD just runs in the back ground and Clone DVD walks you threw the rest.

Most people here use DVD Shrink with DVD Decrypter because of the price (they are both free). If you go this route here is a guide to help you out http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

11. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Hey bbmayo your so right AnyDVD & CloneDVD are by far the best on the planet.

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Aaaaaa.ehmm.. I never said they were the best I just said they are the easiest.. There is far better out there, but they are to hard for most here to use and cost a pretty penny...
    Cinema Craft Encoder is probably the best on the planet or any other program with CCE encryption.. It's just expensive and not real user friendly, but if your up to the challenge give it a try you will be amazed at the quality..

13. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Well I have down loaded the latest trial version of Cinema Craft Encoder and it appears to only convet avi, mpeg and a few others to DVD format. I'm not even sure if it can burn these to DVD without having to use s/w like Nero.

1. Does it do DVD files?
    2. Is their a decent manual on this s/w

I cannot see why some would pay $2000 approx for s/w that looks like shit.

Does anybody on here actually use this

14. djlen

djlen Regular member

bbmayo -
    I was looking at your site and appreciate all the work you put in on building those instruction manuals.
    They really helped me understand the process better, especially the process of burning with my Nero.
    Thanks to all the rest for helping out a newbie.
    Do any of you think I can learn this stuff? Most of the time I ask folks to talk to me like I'm two.:)
    Any other input is always welcome.

Len

15. zippyd

zippyd Active member