1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are these video titlesets embedded?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by garry mcvay, Aug 21, 2016.

1. garry mcvay

garry mcvay Member

Hi. I have a boxset of a TV show that I ripped to Full Disc( DLayer) and used VidCoder to make MP4 files of episodes. The final Disc 6 of Series 8 would not rip completely beyond first 19minutes 14 seconds, it froze so I couldn't extract the Episodes. I Downloaded the Disc6 episodes and they are .mkv.mp4. These files when played show for a few seconds the name of the TV show/ and info like S8x01/BlueRay/x264/...and the name of the uploader. Changing the name of the downloaded file to say : 1. Everyone Lies (1=Episode and its name) and playing it back before and after recode in VidCoder does not remove the existing Title or change it to the one I did the 'Rename' when I play the files. The original title is still showing on screen at start of video episodes.
    Are these titles embedded and non-removable, non-changeable?
    All other episodes i made from my genuine discs 1 to 5 inclusive have title like G1_12345D1-title 4...D changes to whichever Disc it is and title changes to 5/6/7/8 depending on Disc and episode....and I can retitle them to say 16. Making Waves.....17. Everyone Dies....18. Starting Over etc

Thanks in advance

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Do you have subtitles enabled if not it's most likely hard coded somehow

3. garry mcvay

garry mcvay Member

scorpNZ
    Thanks for reply. I haven't checked if subs are enabled but there are none in the DL'd .mkv files. I just played final episode of series 8 disc 6 from the DL'd files after having copied it to desktop and renamed it to "22. Everybody Dies" and it shows the original name ----pahe.in encodes---- when played in VLC......so I guess its hard coded. Only shows for first 3 seconds max and fades out. Guess I will have to accept it as it is. Just it spoils the final Series not having the Episode number and name.
    I have done all 8 Series of 6 DVD9's and have added the correct Episode number and Title to all except for the only 2 Episodes and the Special Feature on Disc 6.
    So, it must be hard coded as you say. Shame really but what can one do.
    Thanks (y)

4. attar

attar Senior member

Not exactly sure about what you want.
    Do you want to replace the original leadin to the video with something like this:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  5. garry mcvay

garry mcvay Member

Thanks attar...I won't download a file. What I wanted is to remove what now appears to be an embedded name of the file uploader and replace it with the episode number and title of the series file.....I can do it with all episodes I took from my original Discs but disc 6 of the last series 8 wouldnt allow me to copy it fully...froze at 18 minutes 14 seconds.....so I DL'd from a site the last 2 episodes and the special feature.....and it is those 3 files that I cannot erase the embedded text and replace with episode number and name.
    Thanks

6. attar

attar Senior member

MP4 is hard to edit using freeware.
    The text would have to be covered with a black logo same resolution as the video.
    Then another logo ditto with the text that you want.
    It would run for the same time (same number of frames as the unwanted).
    All this means re-encoding the source video.
    It can be done using the likes of VirtualDub to load the video and place the logo files.
    Saving it to a lossless format (Lagarith?) would minimize the quality hit, then it could be re-encoded to whatever format you want.

7. garry mcvay

garry mcvay Member

Thanks attar. the original file is .mkv mp4. I can't change the title in that either: pre and after recode to mp4. The text on screen at start of play is hard coded showing the name of the encoder. I will just have to suffer the 3 seconds of it.
    Thanks