1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are they true hd?

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by TNARIPPER, Aug 25, 2006.

1. TNARIPPER

TNARIPPER Guest

is it worth the money. are they true hd quality or is it just hyped up.

2. spOrin

spOrin Guest

i recommend waiting to pricey i think and not very many movies they prolly r HD but ur gunna need a HD TV to go with that

3. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

The data on both BD and HD-DVD discs are in 1080p24.

4. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  5. spOrin

spOrin Guest

like i was saying they prolly do support it but the cost is still to high for those TV's i wish i had the much money to throw around but i dont r u talking about the 1080p HD TV's i keep hearing about?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2006
  6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Having a 1080p source will yeild a better picture even on a 720p set. One reason is because the source is progessive scan. Another reason is that having more detail to start with then downconverting looks better than upconverting from a source with less detail.

Don't forget that the audio (which in my opinion is more important than the video) is also alot better than a typical DVD. Most of the Blu-ray discs feature an uncompressed 5.1 PCM audio track and some of the HD-DVDs use lossless compression codecs to recreate the original studio master audio track! Also, all HD-DVD movies have a Dolby Digital Plus audio track that is better than the Dolby Digital audio track on most DVD movies.

Ced

7. spOrin

spOrin Guest

so basicly the public will be spending a bundle on just to be able to watch next gen movies? wow technology what a rip off LOL just kidding but ya im still waiting