1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you a Dog or a Cat person ?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by aabbccdd, Jun 2, 2005.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

def. dogs for me, dogs are a REAL freind, cats are kinda like a bad relationship, they dont really depend on there owners like dogs. i have a Alaskan Malamute 110lb. male great dog. post your pics to if you have them

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Yeah dogs for me too, fav has to be the Weimaraner i don't have any pets right now but am going to get a Weimaraner at one point :)

3. munkieboy

munkieboy Guest

yeah dogs best!!!!!!!

4. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah same i have to go with dogs:)

5. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

yep dogs for me as well..woof woof!!!

6. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

cats for me. i even like catfish.:)

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

dogs, cats...geese...i love all animals, basically the same. we've got a real good friendship-type thing.

8. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

I like both but cats dont tend to eat your house like dogs do, so theyre a much safer bet if you want to keep your furniture.. used to have a dog but had to get rid of it. me & the mrs both work full time & the dog didnt like that... Got 3 cats now, all ginger toms, bout 2 years old. had no trouble & havent lost a single piece of furniture since we got them..

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

at my house, we've had 13 ducks, 7 cats, 4 dogs, 2 horse, 2 hamsters, 2 ferrets, 2 gerbils, countless fish, some kind of weird bird, and various animals that turn up injured or lost that we've taken in for varying periods of time. they've all been great.

10. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

I think ill go with ducks or penguins theyre the best :)

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i love rabbits....

bbbhhhhhhhuuuuunnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;)

12. syntheti

syntheti Member

dogs are my favorite
    i have 2
    a rat
    hermit crabs
    and 75 gallon saltwater tank

13. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm definitely a dog person, I have three - a senile 13 year old Chihuahua (Chi Chi), a Rat Terrier (Pearl) and a Chihuahua/Wippet mix (Ruby) that was rescued from the animal shelter. I like cats themselves but find cat crap to be the most vile substance on the face of the planet so I won't even go near a litter box.

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yes i agree neph. cat litter boxes stink to high heaven and usally the house smells like cat piss lol. looks like people prefer dogs so far in here, but i think more people have cats than dogs havent heard any stats as of late on that issue. but DOGS all the way for me

15. trilight

trilight Member

Definitely dogs!! - I have at the present 6 Shelties, ages range from 4 yrs of age to 16. The intelligence & devotion of this breed is remarkable. They are like little shadows that seem to derive no greater pleasure than to be by your side, wherever, whatever, whenever. We must walk carefully if going to the bathroom in the middle of the night as there are always 5 little doggie rugs laying all around our bed sleeping - the 16 yr old senior citizen sleeps in my sons room at the foot of his bed as he has done all of his 16 years. He has been my son's constant companion, playmate & protector. I could tell you stories of our experiences with these dogs that would absolutely melt your heart.
    I got my first sheltie about 20 yrs ago and became addicted to the breed. And yes, in the puppy and adolescent stages we have had an occasional mishap of something around the house being chewed up, but I've found that proper handling and training quickly remedied the problem. Now the issue has transcended to one of incontinence on the part of the eldest. But the purchase of a carpet shampooer has taken care of that issue for now. And later, well - carpet can be replaced! A small price to pay for the huge bounty we have received in exchange!

16. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

at least my cats don't try to sh*g my leg every 2 mins:)

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

dogs don't do that either if you get them a mate or fix'em :)

18. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

what a lovely way to say it:)

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

there's no reason to dance around a topic like that; i might was well come out and be simple. there's too many strays livin' on the streets because irresponsible owners didn't have their pets spayed/neutered and didn't keep them isolated from other animals when they were in season.

20. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Im a cat person... not as much trouble and dont dirty a house as much.