1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARGH! 'Troy'

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lilithgrl, Jan 4, 2005.

1. lilithgrl

lilithgrl Member

hello there everybody...i need help! then again, doesn't everyone?

God Bless Scuba Pete...i have been trying for approx 6 1/2 hours to back up my copies of 'Troy' and 'Little Black Book'...one another thread using the copy/paste instructions i was finally able to make it through DVD Decrypter and get the ISO file completed. however when it comes to 'Troy' i have tried everything without success. DVD Shrink gets 'cyclic redundancy check' at about 62% analysis...DVD Decrypter halts at about 48% and goes no further...and i have even d/l AnyDVD and CloneDVD and also have had no success...freezes at about 5%. someone please help me...i'm about to jump out the window (mind you its only a 2ft drop...but you get the picture of my desperateness!!!). i am new to this (i have made copies of approx 100 movies without a hitch) so if someone could give me a blow by blow of what to do including DVDShrink/DVDDecrypter settings i will be forever indebted.

thank you

2. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Run Decrypter or AnyDVD and post the ENTIRE log file. Which version of AnyDVD are you using? They just updated it yesterday I think, ver. 4.4.1.1 beta.

The copy/ paste you are talking about, is that the Protected Sectors List thing in Decrypter? You probably got the one for Res Evil Apocalypse or something. To use the PSL you need a NEW list for every movie with this ARcoSS encryption. Tell you what, try to rip Troy, with Decrypter in IFO mode, post that log, and then export the PSL to a text file and post that as well.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  3. lilithgrl

lilithgrl Member

i just d/l AnyDVD tonight so i'm pretty sure its recent ;-)...i only used to psl for 'Little Black Book' for DVDDecrypting 'Little Black Book' and i was thanking Pete for posting it (at least i think it was Scuba Pete...i've been searching for help for quite awhile and now the past 3 hours are just blurring together!! lol). i'm going to try and rip 'Troy' again and i'll post my log.

thanks for responding so quickly!!!

4. dakota99

dakota99 Member

Hey there lilith,
    Did you rent those movies? I also am new to this, but i also use decrypter, and shrink. I've had no problems with anything i've burned except for 3 discs. Same thing happened to me with those discs every time i tried, and it was driving me nuts. I posted on here, and the response i got was, when you get that error message ( cyclic redundancy check) that means the disc is either dirty, or scratched somewhere, and it's not reading properly. Unless you can get those off, you're basically SOL. I don't know if that's true or not, but i have yet to be able to copy those discs. Unfortunately, the other copy i got a hold of was just as bad off if not worse. So you might want to try another copy of those movies. I didn't have a problem copying "Troy". I did it in about 45 minutes. Hope that helps! Good luck!

5. lilithgrl

lilithgrl Member

hey there...
    did you have to use any special settings when you used DVDShrink for 'Troy'?? mine gets about 62% through primary analysis and then gives me the cyclic redundancy error message!!! its a brand new never used disk!! it plays fine but won't backup. i know its not a prob with my burner because i did a movie yesterday without a problem. and now i'm having problems shrinking 'Little Black Book'...i quit (for tonight anyway)...with '..Book' i'm getting error message "C:\DVD_Video\Video_TS\TTS.03_1.VOB" when trying to open file in Shrink
    WHAT THE H@#L??? i am so frustrated.

:-(

6. dakota99

dakota99 Member

I hate to say it, but sometimes even brand new copies of DVD's come in messed up. I know this because I work for BB. I've been the first one to rent a movie, and ut oh...disc skips! WTF! anyways, it is known to happen that a new disc had problems. I didn't use anything special with "Troy"...I just used DVD decrypter first...once that was done, I used DVD shrink. That was before I found out you only had to use one...lol. I would try cleaning it. Make sure there's no dust, or surface particles on it. As far as "Little Black Book" I don't know. I've never seen that message before. Mine have always been "cyclic redundacy error" or "can't read file". Mine have also only been on 3 discs so far. I wish you better luck! Maybe you can find ScubaPete. I hear he's the man to talk to! Probably knows what he's talking about more than I do...lol. Good luck!

7. Persy

Persy Regular member

i've got the same problem....cyclic redundancy check....i've tried everything just like u...from cleaning the dust to using many different kinds of programs....they all stop at a certain %....in my case it is 54%....i'm going to take this dvd back and get a new one and try

8. lilithgrl

lilithgrl Member

dakota...you were right. bad disk. returned the old one and got a new one today...no problem. 'shrink'ed on the 1st try. the only difference between the two is that the first one was full screen and the second widescreen...not that that would affect the ripping but it WAS the only difference.
    now...if i could only get 'Little Black Book' to work for me...lol
    thanks for the help everyone!!!!
    ;-)

9. Persy

Persy Regular member

i exchanged my troy for another and i have the same cyclic redundacy error

10. Persy

Persy Regular member

"lilithgrl" i found an answer to your problem...little black book has some sort of protection on it so you need a psl file

11. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

I had the same issues with Troy last night after 5 hours of trying everything ......

This morning I got the new version of AnyDVD from the software section .....

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/anydvd.cfm

and thought I had the prob fixed ..... not quite yet. Thought I would try DVD Decrytor one more time and found out there was a new version out and downloaded it.

http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Guess what ...... worked ...... just finished watching Troy. You probobly only need the new version of dvd decryptor but you never know ..... Give it a try ...... any other help don't be afraid to ask.

Cheers

12. Persy

Persy Regular member

yeah i tried using dvd decrypter and in the settings i made sure error skip was on.....it would stop during the errors for about 5 min but then go back to full speed.....i watched the movie afterwards and i haven't noticed any scenes missing yet

13. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Hey Guys..burned troy last night.. no issues... you must have a bad disk. I reauthored it using dvdshrink latest version to get rid of everything accept the movie. Looks good

14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I just burned Troy last night using DVDDecrypter and then DVDShrink and did not have problem with disk, however I had tried to burn Bourne Supremacy and nothing worked I got same error using ANYDVD, Decrypter, Shrink, XCopy I took disk back and got another and it was fine and burned. Same thing happened with Collateral, so you just have to watch the rented disks, expecially the ones from Universal with running man, they are the ones with all the problems, The disks really have to be clean, clean, clean.

15. scott565

scott565 Member

watch rented disk? you mean your orginal copy right?

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Sorry the rented disk was in reference to Dakota post above, of course I mean original disk, thank you