1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ariva 150 combi

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by pudzyryan, Aug 16, 2012.

1. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

OK pic freezes is down to your supplier of the line, not the box, that was the issue I was having, but since i went to wireless its fine, ok it may take a sec or 3 and then it clears but havent had an issue since, now I have the Ariva 250, not the 150,

Have you tried a test NLINE or CLINE into the box from someone else?

2. blackstuf

blackstuf Member

no i don't have a test line at the mo to try i'd like to, but i don't think there'll be a difference because the only issue i have when i use v1.20 is when moving from FTA to encrypted, i have a clear picture otherwise,

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Try a test line, google for one, you will get one no issue, load the latest firmware and try it then, try from FTA to encrypted on wireless, click onto a chan and then another and see if that kicks in, try a Cline or a Nline, all I can say is its working on mine and others with the latest firmware, I did have this issue you had but its seemed to have gone with the lastest firmware and I am on the same line as I always was, now i did try various lines and had the same result on the old firmware, DHCP flick on and off as if the line/box slept,

4. Davii

Davii Member

i got a new ariva 250 today and got the satellite working fine but saorview channels i cant seem to get i had an ariel on the roof an the max signal quality im getting is 10%,,any ideas?

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

do an autoscan and if nothing comes in check your aerial or plug one into it like a small one

6. Collapso

Collapso Member

Same thing happened me using V1.25 on the Ariva 150 on 2 different boxes , it looks like it disconnects from the server for about 30 secs every 2-3 mins . I am using v1.18 now which works a lot better, although I usually have to reboot it if using a FTA channel for more than a few minutes. N lines tend to work better on these boxes as well.
    Server running Cccam 2.1.3

7. suttsy

suttsy Member

Hi Guys, the father-in-law has a Ariva 250.
    Can anyone share a bit of light on how I can get the most from this box.
    Have a Vu Solo myself, so I;m not familiar with this box.
    I see alot on the 102 & 150, but little on the 250.

Any help appreciated..
    Suttsy

8. chip7

chip7 Member

Hi afterdawners !
    Anyone know what channel number the froch ppv fight is on 2nite on the ariva 250 .
    I remember it being on a channel with no name last time or maybe it was a number !

Many thanks in advance

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

MMMM on the 250 on V1.25 using wireless have no issues, I did using the lan connection, wouldnt clear chans going from FTA to a pay chan, but since using the wireless its working, I wonder if the firmware for the ariva 150 is the same as the 250,

10. tonyc50

tonyc50 Member

Hi guys looking for the best combi box reading through here seems the 250 is the one is this for use in uk ? and does this work off a motorised dish or just through internet any help app. thx

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

The 250 is useless in the UK, its set up for Irish and European markets, not many combi boxs that I know off that will work in the UK, mainly Sat or just cable,

12. tonyc50

tonyc50 Member

Thx for the reply Mickah I had a sv few years back b4 it all went pear shaped lol and was looking at investing in a dish and box been looking through the forums for a good recommendation on the best buy for uk what about the vu+ duo im looking for a good quality box that is pretty stable I have read this is quite impressive has anyone any suggestions thx in advance guys.

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

its all depends on what you want or want to spent, the Skybox f5/f3 is a cheap but good box for 50 quid os so, its HD, plays movies, and chan files are readily available, but like I say look about and read up, the F5s has a epg option now for 7 day epg so its what you want spend really or will get out of the box

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  14. tonyc50

tonyc50 Member

Thanks Mickah for the advice miss my old SV and eurovox to be honest aahhh .....sorry drifted off to happy days for a mo....but we have to move on was thinking of a motorised dish and a decent box to go with it been reading diff threads and good things about the vu+ and the technomate nano just wondered if these are ok for uk and if anyone has had one. Sorry for hijacking the thread with this thought the 250 combi was usable here thx again.

15. Djlloyd

Djlloyd Newbie

Hi guys.. I would really appreciate some help on this.. I have an ariva 150 using my LAN connected to it. I need a channel list an a software patch for CS? Can anyone help please and thanks..

16. baxtard

baxtard Member

I'm finding it harder to get the ferguson ariva 150 and 250 models now. There are new models out called the 152 and 252... The only differnece being they can receive a newer dvb2 standard.

Anyone tried out these boxes yet, and I suppose the bigger question, will the patched software for the 150/250 models work on them?

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

basically the same box as the older ones except they now have the newer DVBT-2 standard, dont put any older firmware on the boxs, not made for them, google Ariva 252 emu and you will find the firmware

18. baxtard

baxtard Member

Nice one mick... I got it.
    'EMU' in the search did the trick alright. I was googling all words like 'ariva 152 patched firmware' and getting nowhere.

19. honestbro

honestbro Member

Hi Guys,
    tried to flash a 150 for a friend last week and got the ASH message, hooked up the null modem, went through process got "off" message on display panel. Powered box up at television (I had to connect to pc in a different room to connect RS232)everything blank including display panel. Went through same process again, the ALI upgrader seemed to see the box although nothing showing on the display panel.
    Still dead.
    Any ideas?

20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Make sure your using an older fimrware than what thats on it to reflash it, so if the box is using say V1.25, you will need to flash the box with a genuine firmware and it has to be a different version, so use a genuine version V1.20 and try it again, it could be a timing issue, start the loader, count to 4 and flick the box on, may take a few attempts

or try pudzy's suggestion on this

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-59/ash_on_ferguson_150-971015/