1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ariva 150 combi

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by pudzyryan, Aug 16, 2012.

1. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  2. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

hi guys, just wondering anyone have any problem with glitching on this ariva 150 box.. i just notice bit of freezing, missus said it often goes like that,,, thing is it is same with free to air channels ...strange on... and dreambox worked perfect for a hour, so may be some thing i need to do with this box

3. baxtard

baxtard Member

That's interesting pudz.it's not jus me either then.am experiencing the same thing. Dreambox worked perfectly but it's as if the networking side of the ariva just isn't quite a quick at picking up the info.ifn using my internet it gets worse. Find it seems to improve by rebooting the box.hopefully it's some setting we a are overlooking

4. baxtard

baxtard Member

Forgot to add, it seems okay on free to air channels, although out does do it withmy rte channels, but that may be because I'm receiving them through the satellite rather than dvb.

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

it could be the firmware, its a fairly new box and you will see updates happening as time passes with them, i had trouble with the 250 and the wireless dongle and it seems to be fixed now, still finding my feet with it, got a chan file for it and its OK, so am gonna scan the box and create my own with proper favs and layout etc, may take me a few hours work but will do it and have it perfect.

Have the CCAM working and so far, apart from the dongle issue, its been grand!

6. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

ok, updated firmware on box, seems to be running ok now, well kids said no freezing today,,, i have good luck tomorrow, while missus cutting the grass

7. baxtard

baxtard Member

Lol, You have her well trained.

Let us know if it has improved.

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

her grass cutting or the box?

ha ha

EDIT - Anyone try the wireless dongle yet? (the 6 euro one, not the 25 euro one from Feruguson) I have, works well, but this is my only gripe, you need to manually connect the box each time, meaning, the box picks up your wireless, but dont auto connect as far as I can see, other than that its good, streamed youtube and works well

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  9. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

ok, no change here, still freezing, i had to revert back to the dreambox.. stuck ariva in kids room.. i cant contact supplier, cause i have modified the box...

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

can you flash the original firmware back to it?

11. baxtard

baxtard Member

That's a balls pudz. Mine does it too, but if I power it off and back on, it'll be fine again for ages. It's usually when I turn on the TV at first in the evening that it's glitchy, the box having been left on since the evening before.

I'm using the firmware that Micah mentioned earlier in this thread.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

if yours is doing this also, its got to be the firmware and could be a glitch in it, maybe the next release will address it

13. bee9791

bee9791 Member

I'll wait a while before purchasing, maybe dreambox is safer for the minute. But this arriva is very promising all the same.

14. baxtard

baxtard Member

I can put up with the glitching for now. The positives of the ariva outweigh the negatives. hd is great, and the timer record facility works well. The big advantage for me is I found with the dreambox, that the picture quality deteriorated a lot if you used both av outputs at the same time, maybe it just depends on which clone you have, but no problems with the ariva. Can send the AV to a TV in a different part of the house, and use remote control app on the phone to change the channel.

15. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Go for the 250 version, faster processor, but the wireless for me is a slight bit hit n miss, have another dongle on the way so may fix it

16. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

ok update on this ariva 150 combi... anyone that has updated the firmware, like myself and have now notice lot of freezing... do a factory setting reset... all that you will lose is your channel list... since i did factory reset, i have not got freezing since...

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Pudz you getting that on FTA chans also? Or on others? What you getting freezing, scrambled chan or no signal or all?

18. baxtard

baxtard Member

good tip pudz. I'll try that later. Mine has been getting worse for some reason. ie; have to reboot more often.

At mickah; in my case, it shows scrambled on pay channels. could freeze for maybe 5 secs and come back again. This happens every 4 or 5 mins.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yeah I hear ya, have seen that and a few others reporting the same, gonna do a full factory rest and throw a chan file back on and see if this cures it,

20. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

m8, got it on premium channels,, but have noticed it on bbc HD also..