1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ariva 150 combi

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by pudzyryan, Aug 16, 2012.

1. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I fact reset the 250 and it seems to have cured the little glitching, only time will tell if it works long term,

2. baxtard

baxtard Member

yeah did factory reset and even found a newer version of firmware, but still glitching a bit.

3. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

m8,, i was using version 1.19 , now im on 1.18 working A1 still.

4. baxtard

baxtard Member

okay, that's interesting.

i was on version 18, saw that there was a 19, updated to it, and then did the factory reset. i might just go back to 18 and do the reset for the crack.
    haven't looked at it the last couple of days, but since i turned it on this evening, it seems okay.

thanks for the info.

5. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

ok, i did get bit of glitching last night, so i contacted a supplier and few people,, seems there is a problem with c:lines using this box.. as a guy sent me N:LINE been testing it since im in from work, 100% better, cant recall any glitching.... so baxtard think we need to go use N:line seems we learning alot on this this box... ok what box next, to test. haha only kidding

6. baxtard

baxtard Member

haha, i'm with you on that. i get more of a kick out of getting them to work than actually using them to watch tv if you know what i mean.

so to go from a c:line to an n:line, must do a bit of googling on that. would it just be some simple editing for my line provider...

7. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

yes instead of in putting c:line , its N:line that goes in box.. my box working perfect since yesterday m8...

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

did you supplier give you a N line or did you change a C line ureself to N?

9. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

did get a test line, fist.. very good since m8... anyone that buys this box... will only work with N:LINE top class box for the money.. i would recomend it. so i quess i finally have mastered it...

10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

so pudzy, it works on newcamd but not cccam?

11. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

yes m8.. 4 days now no freeze... perfect.. instead of c:line make yourself a N:line.

12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I have tried various different Cline's and Nline in the ariva 250 and have to say, glitching, scrambling etc, there is a problem with these boxs, perhaps it's the firmware, but others are having issues with it, tried direct line in, wireless, homeplugs, same thing, freezin and glitching on every thing I put on it, I did find the glitching starts when the box heated up. These are lines from good sources and others use them on their boxs, Edison's, Blades etc and not one report of any issues or glitching.

Last night tried another N Line, this seemed to be a bit more stable, but again it scrambled chans every now and again, but again, its hit and miss,it runs fine for an hour and then starts scrambling on and off then runs fine for another hour or two. Like I said others with this box have reported the same glitching, this is on the Ariva 250, the guys are using a 150, very similar box

13. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

lol, best thing so is stay awawy from the 250 ariva box... well i guess we learned alot along the way...

14. bee9791

bee9791 Member

So the Arriva 250 still isn't 100% even with the nline but the 150 works perfect with the nline. I'd say it won't be long before the 250 begins to work properly. A great discussion here anyway and sure to help a load of folk. The 150 looks more appealing at the min!!!

15. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Ok round fecking 5 with this box, N Line on it, been working since last night and it is stable, now, what I did find is this box has the ability to over heat, i found this out the hard way, i have a WDTV player (small media player) which I had sitting on top of the ariva box, when this got warm, the Ariva got very warm, the actual case was roasting, which in turn was prob heating the chip up in the box, I remember Dreamboxs had this issue, the older ones with no fans and the starviews (heat sink), which coupled with the Ariva's allergic reaction to a cline, made it hop and jump, scramble etc, so what I found that once removed from the top of the box, the glitching started to stop and voila, its working now, glitch free, the N Line is suited to these boxs, not sure if its firmware thats causing this issue with clines and making the boxs react, but as of the last few 12 hours this is running stable!

EDIT 19/9 - Box has been running stable now for 24 hrs solid on a N-Line, no glitching, freezing or scrambled chans, as i said above the box is now freestanding nothing on it as the overheating was part of the problem........

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  16. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

well done mickah, amazing what we can learn if we keep at em.. good stuff.. mine still rock solid..

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I hope to god your talking about your sat box above! lol

18. baxtard

baxtard Member

i'm experiencing some other problems with my 150.

it's hard to explain but it's with the recording side. If i do a timer record, sometimes it'll work fine, but more often than not, it'll just record a black screen. Also if I check to see if something recorded, it might be there ok, but if i come back later, it's just an hour of black screen, as if it's disappeared.

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems recording.

19. baxtard

baxtard Member

just to follow up on last post, it seems to record okay now, may have been an iffy usb memory stick i was using.

20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

anyone having an issue when going from a FTA such as BBC HD to an encrypted chan, using a N Line? like the line is gone idle, not requesting ECM's and when you you flick back to a chan such as sly sports, it shows scrambled and have to log in and out to start the cam?