1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ariva 150 combi

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by pudzyryan, Aug 16, 2012.

1. honestbro

honestbro Member

1.Yes I've played a few on it. On some of them I've had difficulty with the sound from the RCA outputs, no problem with HDMI or optical. Not sure about sub titles.

2. No problem.

3. I use Newcmd, I've tried CCCAM but it doesn't work as well. I tried several suppliers of N lines ans C lines, most were pretty poor, 2 were ok and the one I've signed up with for a month is pretty good. hardly any glitches.

2. tosh200

tosh200 Member

I bought the box. Put the latest patched firmware, cccam and newcamd worked great. But the next day, when trying to open the box from standby I got the "ASH" message. :(

3. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

cccam newcamd worked great you say, what firmware you using, and are you using c:line or n:line to connect to box...

4. visiondvd

visiondvd Member

Not too sure if this is of any use to anyone, but when My Sony tv goes into sleep mode it turns off my Ariva 2020 and when I turn the box back on its at the ash error.

5. tosh200

tosh200 Member

@pudzyryan: I was using the latest patched software and used some test clines and some free nlines. Both worked fine.
    @Visiondvd: I have a Sony tv and when I turned on/off the reciever so did the tv automatically.
    Can you please explain what you mean by that, because I also got an "ASH" message.

6. visiondvd

visiondvd Member

Do you know how to fix this?
    Just in case this is what you are looking to do.
    you need a Null Modem, lead(female/female serial).
    Download the 150 patched firmware save it

Download this updater here,

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/Ariva-150-Combo/EromUpgrade.zip/

Connect your box (switched off) to a com port on pc with your lead.
    run eromupgrade
    make sure to tick bootloader
    browse to where you saved firmware image and load it to updater
    click next
    at this stage switch on your box
    the box will be flashed with the image.
    That gets around the ash error.
    If your stuck any way at all , let me know.
    Its pretty easy.

7. bee9791

bee9791 Member

Does anyone have a channel file for ariva 120? I did auto scan and got no movie channels and I think if iget a chan list from someone who has them - they will appear.

Thanks folks!

8. tosh200

tosh200 Member

I fixed it through Rs232, but now I'm getting random restarts. Has anyone faced similar problems? Could it be because of c/s or because of overheating?

9. honestbro

honestbro Member

Don't think so, Mine has been working fine with the modified firmware, what version did you use?
    I think Mickah might have had a problem with heat.
    Make sure that the shrink wrap plastic has been fully removed from all vent holes.

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

These boxs overheat, if you have anything on it or beside it or its on top of anything it will heat up and the pic will start to jump badly, CCAM on these boxs cause them to jump, but when it runs hot its the same, I have seen various issues with these boxs, from lip sync issues, CCAM not working, not clearing chans, freezing, the box needign to restarted as it froze on a menu, I think its pot luck if you get a good one that doesnt have any of the issues mentioned

there is a new firmware out yesterday, so I wonder if the patched version will address the issues

11. honestbro

honestbro Member

I guess I got lucky (I returned the 1st box I got due to the ASH issue), so far the N line I've had since last Thursday is working fine.
    I am careful to keep it as cool as possible, moved it away from my AV amp and I might fit an old computer fan to the top of it to help with cooling.

12. baxtard

baxtard Member

mickah... that new firmware that's out, is that from ferguson? we can't get the patched version yet am i right?

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

No not released yet,

this is the change log for both firmwares

- changed service provider for "weather online"
    - distinguished service Web TV
    - Improved API of all online video
    - added service check results of the last 10 football games
    - Improved recording timers in the background - mainly Combo models

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

new firmware for the 250 and 150 in my sig link, again, use at your own risk

15. baxtard

baxtard Member

micah, the 3rd link in your sig for the ariva 150 is actually for the ariva 250.

unfortunately i didnt spot this in time, and now i've screwed up my box. have to try out the null modem cable fix next time i can get a pc with a serial port.

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

ahhh fffffff, baxtard sorry mate, the fix works a charm for it, will fix that link now

17. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

hi guys, seems everyone making progress with this box... so is v1.20B6 the firmware to use lads....

18. baxtard

baxtard Member

no prob mickah... my own fault should have checked the file. back up and running now with the new firmware.

pudz, i haven't noticed any great change. still glitches with a c-line after it heats up 2/3 hours, but goes okay again after a reboot.

i'm interested in the timer recording improvement mentioned in the change log. i've found that you have to leave the box on the correct channel if you want to do a timer recording, otherwise it just records a black screen (only happens on pay channels). will try to see if this has changed tomorrow maybe.

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Baxtard, ya should try a Nline, way way better mate,

20. honestbro

honestbro Member

Hi Baxtard,

Have to agree with Mickah, watched from 2 pm until 1.00 AM on Saturday using an N line with minimal glitching (usually induced after multiple channel hopping). C lines from various sources have been poor to awful with this box. Once as a Cline glitches it's gone for 20 secs, with the N line if it does occur it's only a "shudder".
    PM me and I'll reply with a recommendation for a test line.