1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ariva 150 combi

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by pudzyryan, Aug 16, 2012.

1. bee9791

bee9791 Member

Guys im not being funny and im probably the exception to the rule but I have set up 3 ariva 250's, 1 ariva 150, and an ariva 120, all with c lines and have never encountered any of this glitching that you speak of. It must be only with a certain batch of boxes. i find the ariva a very solid box and way better in a number of aspects to the dms500 I upgraded from.

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

hi bee, I have come to the conclusion that these boxs have a fair share of issues with them, from one end of the scale to the other, lip sync issues, freezing and the box needing a restart, apps not working, chans not clearing going from FTA to encrypted after 10 mins of viewing the FTA chan, the software is glitchy (no now and next in a lot of cases)

Thats just some of the issues reported, which leads me to believe that there is a batch of these going around not up to scratch, for example, I changed mine and got another, brand new, same issue with it not clearing chans after been on FTA, a mate got one, brand new, same thing, different seller, so there is something a miss somewhere, the Cline issue, we are all using the same firmware, so its not that, so it has to be certain batches of boxs, eithe faulty tuners or chips, now the 150's dont seem to be as bad as the 250's with the issues above and thats going by what I have read on other sites, suchs boards.ie etc and from others who have them

3. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

Hi all maybe thats why they are priced much lower than the dreambox and blade
    just my five pence.......

4. baxtard

baxtard Member

I'm using an n line on my ariva now lads, with much better results.

I do have a question though. Is there anyway to check the ecm times like there is on say a dream box.

Also, sometimes I get a little glitching on some channels only. particularly when there is a big match on. If I change to a more obscure channel, the glitching has stopped. Is it fair to say if a lot of people are watching one channel, does that channel get glitchy, because there is too much demand on the server. Ie, the keys or codes that are being shared, are they exclusive to each channel?

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

depends on who the line is with, their set up, how many cards, how many hops (what card is clearing your chan or certain chans), but yes there is load on the cards at times like matches etc,

6. honestbro

honestbro Member

Is there a channel editor for the 150 that will work with the flashed firmware?

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

8. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

hi guys, have to say i used a lot of boxes and sampled alot for my m8, anyone venturing into to c/s .. ferguson is your box. dual tuner of terrestial/sat . if c/s goes belly up , you got yourself good fta box with rte1,2,3,4 for a good price.

9. honestbro

honestbro Member

M8??????

10. baxtard

baxtard Member

yup, it's the road between dublin and cork.
    ;-)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  11. jken

jken Member

yes your right to say M8?????? as pudzyryan does them for himself not a M8 and is flogging them all over the place.. Usually he says its for his mothers hse when he is trying out something.. ... Nearly as bad as E45

12. jken

jken Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  13. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

bloody hell, m8 (mate) works in shop that sells different type boxes, sat boxes that is, so i get to sample some from time to time..... jken use your head,

14. chip7

chip7 Member

Is this still the latest flash for the 150 combo ?
    Need to flash my new box :)
    Can hardly wait to get it going !
    Can I use USB cable to flash it rather than the rs232 cable ?

Cheers in advance .

15. chip7

chip7 Member

Is this still the latest flash for the 150 combo ?
    Need to flash my new box :)
    Can hardly wait to get it going !
    Can I use USB cable to flash it rather than the rs232 cable ?

i heard about patches ?
    what do i need to do to this box from new? i bouught it from a legit sat supplier & im in ireland.

Cheers in advance .

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Firstly, read the thread, as its already explained what to do when flashing the box, if you want to share on this box, you will need a N line, not a Cline

17. chip7

chip7 Member

has anyone got a channel listfor the A150 they could send me please.
    im in ireland.
    i have the 1.20 firmware on the box

cheers

18. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

thats old firmware you need A150Combo_20121213_1.21B4_patch.zip, why dont you download the chan editor and make a chan file for yourself? Once done you will have it and can make changes to it yourself

19. chip7

chip7 Member

thanks micka- i just reflashed with that latest software. i done my baptism of fire last night ! up till the very wee hours , was fairly square eyed lol

maybe a sticky with the latest software would be good on this thread? or is there another thread with latest software on it for the A150 combo ...

A150Combo_20121213_1.21B4_patch.zip

have channels dumped to usb stick now so gonna look at channel editor myself soon- i suppose i had hoped that someone may have had a decent channel editor done and i could do my own tweaks with mosst of the effort done.

now to find an n line is my next hurdle !

20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

the editor is easy to use, takes a while and some patience to delete and move etc,