1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aroura virus problem hijack-logfile posted help!!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rottingkd, Jun 5, 2005.

1. rottingkd

rottingkd Member

L buran just tried your file, and I guess I have the mother of AURORAS. didn't work. thanks though. I guess I'll take Jizmaks advise and just reformat the drive! thank you all for trying.

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

If you have not already re-formatted your HDD I found what I missed. I did miss a step in my initial instructions. You need to get a program called Killbox. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/spyware/KillBox.zip .

Follow all the steps above but first install the Ewido and update it fully. Now back in safe mode run Adaware and Spybot. Run that .REG file I posted. Run Hijackthis the same way I first mentioned. Run Ewido delete all it finds. Finally run Killbox. Delete all it finds.

On your next boot of Windows you may get an alert by Ewido that something is trying to load when you start IE. Block it and you no longer need Ewido unless you like it. These are the exact steps I did on the very system I am typing on and auroura is gone. In fact this computer has no virus protection on it. This is done intentionally. Just call it my guinea pig computer. Nothing important on it.

So there you have it, Sorry I forgot that step but now you know and hopefully not to late. BTW you could write a REG file under 3K with damaging entries. The victim runs the files then it is just as effective as a virus. So they can come in any file size. I am editing my previous post to remove that link. Turns out that information is Verbatim on many sites with this topic. I assure you that the REG file I posted will not damage your system. You ran it once already and it hurt nothing.

-Del