1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

artec DVD problem

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by ttomm1946, Feb 14, 2005.

1. ttomm1946

ttomm1946 Guest

Hi

i replaced my DVD rom and i still have the same problem....the manufacturer of my computer claimed the old one was bad so they sent a new one..same problem.....if i click the dvd icon and try to install an application get a messege..'can't start application .dll error try re-installing program." or if i stick a cd in and let it autorun i get the old windows error send report to microsoft....if i play a music cd it's all choppy...a cleaning dvd has choppy sound and video.....this is about to drive me nuts...sorry for double post something screwed up.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2005
  2. ttomm1946

ttomm1946 Guest

Hi

i replaced my DVD rom and i still have the same problem....the manufacturer of my computer claimed the old one was bad so they sent a new one..same problem.....if i click the dvd icon and try to install an application get a messege..'can't start application .dll error try re-installing program." or if i stick a cd in and let it autorun i get the old windows error send report to microsoft....if i play a music cd it's all choppy...a cleaning dvd has choppy sound and video.....this is about to drive me nuts...sorry for double post something screwed up.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2005
  3. Pb1of6

Pb1of6 Member

I have the same problem, I have just installed an Artec 16X DvD RW +/- Dual layer. It reads DvDs and burns them ok, It will burn a CD ok But it will not read a CD from the autoplay, and when I open the CD and run the setup programme it keeps giving me an error message something like (000006) I will get the exact error code next time i get back to it.So I think its the drive because if i replace it with a basic DVD rom the autoplay and setup programe works fine. This is not just on one CD its all CDs used in instalation work. I will take the artec out and use it in another PC and see if its still faulty.