1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASF-VCD with color inversion filter?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by akuma420, Oct 11, 2004.

1. akuma420

akuma420 Member

Hello all,

Long time reader/lurker, first time poster, yada yada.

Ok, so here's my question. I have an ASF that is encoded so as to appear inverted. Whites are blacks and vice versa. The whole thing looks like a film negative.

When I view it in VLC, I can apply a filter in the preferences so it looks normal.

Is there a way to apply a filter like this in TMPGEnc? So that I could make the inverted ASF into an MPG that looks normal?

The best I have come up with via Google is a page that provides instructions to write a filter myself in Avisynth, but I do not have any knowledge of this program and would prefer to use TMPGEnc (or I could certainly use both if someone can help me make them work together. All I care about is having a normal looking VCD MPG at the end of the process).

Thanks for the help.

2. eddy_qw

eddy_qw Member

i was searching for a solution to the same problem... and i found this.

i realised that using TMPGEnc was probably the easiest way so i had a fiddle... the video which i thought had inverted colours (ie it did in media player and PowerDVD) displayed normally in TMPGEnc - so im re-encoding into and Xvid AVI as i type... and its worked beautifully. so even if this doesnt help you... thanks :)